PO- Slayer reissues

I bought "God Hates Us All" from Record Archive in Rochester, NY and got a red copy! Pretty excited. My girlfriend bought me "Reign In Blood" so maybe I'll get lucky with that too. Won't know till Christmas.

I also noticed they gave "Christ Illusion" it's original artwork. Wish I didn't already have a copy of it or I'd get that too. I actually like that album quite a bit.

Got my copy of Reign from amazon today. Not a red copy... But still happy to finally own this on vinyl. Sounds good too! Don't know if the OGs were great presses or not but this repress sounds amazing on my system cranked way up. Just waiting for the other Slayer titles to show up from Go Hastings. Just got a shipping confirmation and they shipped from Montana so I'm not expecting those until Monday.

Can anyone comment on the pressing quality (the records themselves) of the US variants? The EU variants were pressed by gzvinyl which means that records are filled with scuffs and all that. They sound great thought, but just look like used copies.

I have SOH on black and it is 180gm so it's thick and flat. It came in a Poly lined inner and was slightly more dusty than I would hope a new record would be, but I gave it a quick rinse and it sounded very good with little to no surface noise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"All albums will be released as part of the new Metal Blade Originals series in which classical Metal Blade albums will be reissued on vinyl with the original layout and extras if available. All albums in the Metal Blade Originals edition will feature a branded sticker to make clear it's the ultimate and best edition of the title.

All four Slayer vinyl will be featuring 400g heavy cardboard spine sleeves, inside out prints and a large, 60x60cm artwork poster. On top of it, Hell Awaits, Show No Mercy and Live Undead will be released with a 250g insert."

Looks like you can PO on Metal Blade's eBay store http://stores.ebay.de/METAL-BLADE-RECORDS-EUROPE-Shop/_i.html?_nkw=slayer&submit=Finden&_sid=68287552

Also 

Colours and limitations:

• Show No Mercy: 180g Black, Orange (ltd. 500), Flame Splatter (ltd. 500), 180g White (ltd. 500, Nuclear Blast exclusive)
  • Hell Awaits: 180g Black, ochor-color Marbled (ltd. 500), Olive Marbled (ltd. 500), 180g White (ltd. 500, NB exclusive)
  • Live Undead: 180g Black, Violet (ltd. 500), Splatter (ltd. 200 white/red splattered, ebay exclusive), 180g White (ltd. 500, NB exclusive)
  • Haunting The Chapel: 180g Black, Red (ltd. 500), Red/Black Marbled (ltd. 200, Ebay exclusive), 180g White (ltd. 500, NB exclusive)

Thanks Jamie. I am massively restricted at work as I cannot paste or quote, so things have to get typed out carefully. I edited out the extra 'l' in my post but the board keeps it in for some reason.

Anyway, the NB exclusive ones might turn up at NB USA as imports (the green ones from a few years ago did). TBH, I see no point in these other than some of them look nice.