PO: Death Cab For Cutie "Transatlanticism" 10th anniversary 2xLP

if the demos were on vinyl i would have blown a dirty hobo for his Olde English money, to buy this.

instead, i'm limp like always.

yeah that seems like a really bad move on barsuk. that is, assuming they do have access to them (I don't see why not). I know this wasn't a super rare record, but the fact that a repress of this magnitude just got announced and this is only 2 pages deep is super weird. obviously people aren't attaching to this. bad marketing from barsuk? gotta put out what the people want.

I for one am quite happy this will be readily available again. Transatlanticism is one of my all-time favorite albums but I never had the guts to drop big bucks on it. Sure, $30 isn't great, but the original US press is usually $50 minimum so I'm not complaining.

Agreed, I was just about to drop $50 on it so $28 seems like a deal! Plus I'm sure amazon will have it a few bucks cheaper.

yeah, i'm with you. those demos do sound enticing though. but things like that always end up being something I just want but never use/listen to.

Seriously, how often do you guys listen to demos of any band more than once?  It always sounds like it'll be so cool, and then you listen to them, and realize WHY THEY WERE DEMOS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Seriously, how often do you guys listen to demos of any band more than once?  It always sounds like it'll be so cool, and then you listen to them, and realize WHY THEY WERE DEMOS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I listen to the demos of Good Life's Story of the year all the time.  I'm think Jimmy Eat World put out the demos to Futures, I listen to those  I also listen to all of the Against Me demo albums just as much as the real albums.

Seriously, how often do you guys listen to demos of any band more than once? It always sounds like it'll be so cool, and then you listen to them, and realize WHY THEY WERE DEMOS IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Weezer Blue Album demos. Better than the studio versions imo. I prefer demos for the most part anyway.

not hating but god did that sound "hipster"

Haha okay. I prefer stuff that isn't too high of quality. I happen to like those versions better. Oh and fuck you, i'm not the one who likes shit like You, Me, And Everyone You Know and Into It. Over It.

What about Springsteen's Nebraska?  The demos were so good they just decided that was the album, instead of recording them properly.

In terms of this release, I haven't heard the demos, but they could be excellent.  Especially if they're acoustic demos.  Demos can be fantastic, but sometimes the band wants to take those songs and work with them in a different capacity.  Okkervil River's The Stage Names demos are just as good as the studio recordings in my opinion.  As previously mentioned, those Weezer demos are great too.

I guess what I'm going for is, don't discredit something just because it's a demo.