Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak (Reissue)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone gotten the new reissue yet? I'm curious if it's exactly the same as the original release.  I left a note for UPS to leave my package at the door, but the idiots just left their own note saying they'd try again tomorrow.

I got my copy in from Amazon yesterday. I haven't seen the original pressing so I cannot comment on that. The reissue is nice though; it is a big, nice tri-gatefold. I plan on listening to it today.

yup! exactly the same!

Not quite. I was actually almost fooled at first, packaging looks identical (which is a good thing) but check the discs... They're recuts done at an entirely different studio. It's more of a reissue than a straight up repress.

Not inherently a bad thing, I would just hope that they were smart enough to use the same source as the phenomenal sounding 1st pressing.

I purchased this weekend from a local shop. The sticker on the front advertised a lyrics sheet and poster, but when I opened it up, only the vinyl and CD were included. Not a big deal, but for the price tag, you'd kind of like to get everything included.

When I asked the shop, they said this re-release doesn't include those items (even though the sticker claims it does). Anyone able to confirm this?