Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

This is a little late, but- A FUCKING IPAD?!?! Seriously?

I thought I did pretty alright with my Secret Santa, and I added a couple of sentimental things, so overall- I hope he/she isn't disappointed.  

I received mine yesterday, but, like last year, I refuse to open it until Christmas week. 

Side note:  

I'm not sure if anyone has gotten all sappy about the whole SS thing in a bit, but I was talking to the lady last week while putting things into a box and she asked "what the hell are you doing?".  To which I replied, "Secret Santa, of course."  

She thought this community was the coolest, most amazing thing in the world.  I told her about how all kinds of people (who have only had a number of online conversations, come together for so much stuff (conversation, opinion, etc), and instead of her thinking I was a giant nerd, she thought it was just so awesome.

Dear Vinyl Collective Board, 

I truly love you all.  You are better than the bees knees and the cats pajamas.  

so much this. except i still feel really awkward every time i talk to someone about "the vinyl community". they just don't get it, man.

but you guys do.  :wub:

image.jpg

So I gots a couple LPs, a CD (Dan Mariska) some sweet Bruins paraphernalia, pins and stickers, a workout LP and a bunch of great stuff for my desk, including a Buddha board which I've never heard of but am excited to check out.

I haven't listened to the LPs yet but I checked them out quickly online and they sounded up my alley. I appreciate that SS picked music from their current locale and took the time to pick a few things from my interest as well. I've done the workout twice now, pretty good burn each time.

Thoughtful package, I'm way stoked on it.

My first guess is Zacaroo? That was the only person I can think who said they were from MN.

Whoever it was, thank you!!!

image.jpg

So I gots a couple LPs, a CD (Dan Mariska) some sweet Bruins paraphernalia, pins and stickers, a workout LP and a bunch of great stuff for my desk, including a Buddha board which I've never heard of but am excited to check out.

I haven't listened to the LPs yet but I checked them out quickly online and they sounded up my alley. I appreciate that SS picked music from their current locale and took the time to pick a few things from my interest as well. I've done the workout twice now, pretty good burn each time.

My first guess is Zacaroo? That was the only person I can think who said they were from MN.

Looks like some fantastic gifts

image.jpg

You got me! Hope you enjoy it, man!

still holding out and havent opened my box.

also, cant wait for my recipient to get their package. they are gonna be so stoked on whats inside! 

wait that package wasn't from you? someone posted one in here that they thought was from you:

Okay, I got my package in today! Super stoked. Obviously I didn't wait, because I lack the ability to, but here it is.

43EF334D-6D5A-4B1E-B2D4-196C748AC5FA_zps

•Coheed - Elf Tower 7"

•Tiger's Jaw 7"

•Maylene & The Sons of Disaster 7"

•Badass Circa Survive On Letting Go shirt

•Rad /1 Colin Frangicetto drawing

•Some Vans posters

•Stickers

•A nice note with Casey's meme on it  :P

So, based on the clue that said my SS joined 1 year, 5 months, and 15 days before before me, I used math and looked at a bunch of profiles. I'm assuming mine is Toki, because he was the first one I found who joined on 1/3/2010. Haha. So, thanks a ton man! I look forward to getting the mix link. And if it wasn't you and you just happened to have the same joined date as my real SS, oops. Whoever you are, thanks!

So I get home today and I had a package waiting for me from my SS.  Of course I'm impatient so I tore into it immediately.  

My SS must have combed thru the depths of all my posts as he/she found a ton of of stuff I am interested in.  I have never seen the Sgt. Peppers movie soundtrack so it will make an amazing addition to my Beatles collection.  I love the coasters as well, they will hold many o' beer in my man cave.  I have heard a few Steely Dan songs on the radio but don't own any of his vinyl.  He keeps popping up on my Discongs recommendation list but I have yet to pick up any albums so thanks for beating me to the punch.  I can't wait to listen to it.  I'm not familiar with the 7" singles but they look right up my alley as well.  The t-shirts are perfect.  Dark Side of the Moon and Let it Be are two of my favorite albums so now I have some threads to accompany them.

Overall I'm completely floored and couldn't be more appreciative of your time and effort.  Thank you very much.  This SS exchange has been a blast.  I can't wait to do it again next year.

So I had the wifey help me with a little detective work at to who is my SS.  Based on a few clues I believe me SS is Ryan, AKA Ry Toast.

By the way, they hand drawn x-mas card was amazing!  Thanks Again.

photo1_zps94160c21.jpg

wow that got there fast! so glad you liked it.. just wish i had the time to do more with the card.

jhook is on top of that one! i'm not even familiar.. the guy at newbury actually recommended that to me when i asked what might be good for a big fan of face to face (who i'm completely oblivious to).

the two big things i noticed were that you had just about every beatles record already, and that steely dan was missing from your tradelist. those are both necessities. aja is my absolute favorite whiskey album.. here's hoping it becomes your as well.

merry christmas dude!

wow that got there fast! so glad you liked it.. just wish i had the time to do more with the card.

jhook is on top of that one! i'm not even familiar.. the guy at newbury actually recommended that to me when i asked what might be good for a big fan of face to face (who i'm completely oblivious to).

the two big things i noticed were that you had just about every beatles record already, and that steely dan was missing from your tradelist. those are both necessities. aja is my absolute favorite whiskey album.. here's hoping it becomes your as well.

merry christmas dude!

Thanks again!