Secret Santa 2013 Edition (updated 9/26)

Got my package today. my SS went above and beyond.

qX5AJ7S.jpg?1

What I got:

-Broadcaster - A Million Hours LP

-Pacer 10"

-Have Heart - April Fools Day 7" (Was so excited when I saw this)

-Focused Minds 7"

-LEGO Star Wars Set ( Currently putting this together!)

-Coin of the Faceless Man. (Game of Thrones, this is awesome)

- A really sweet print from a local tattoo artist

- Couple sampler Cds

- Tons of stickers

There wernt many clues as to who my SS was but if I had to guess it would be Spaghetti or museummouth. If not please reveal yourself so I can thank you even more.

Very Nice!

Got my package today. my SS went above and beyond.

qX5AJ7S.jpg?1

What I got:

-Broadcaster - A Million Hours LP

-Pacer 10"

-Have Heart - April Fools Day 7" (Was so excited when I saw this)

-Focused Minds 7"

-LEGO Star Wars Set ( Currently putting this together!)

-Coin of the Faceless Man. (Game of Thrones, this is awesome)

- A really sweet print from a local tattoo artist

- Couple sampler Cds

- Tons of stickers

There wernt many clues as to who my SS was but if I had to guess it would be Spaghetti or museummouth. If not please reveal yourself so I can thank you even more.

Guilty. The only clues I gave you were the postmark and symbol at the end of the note. Glad you like everything!

My SS is zpushor!

I actually got this a few days ago, but haven't even had a chance to look in the box until tonight.  There are two wrapped gifts (that will stay wrapped, until Christmas ;) ) and a "Treats and Trinkets" bag of random crap, haha:

IMG_0175_zps7b9fbcf0.jpg

• A styrofoam plane
  • A bike bell
  • A bunch of Wonka candy (much of which is already gone!)
  • A Misfits patch and pin (awesome!)
  • A Nine Inch Nails pin
  • Two types of tape
  • A magnet pen
  • Slimer mints
  • Two wrapped presents

You got me. I hope you like everything and have fun unwrapping the bigger things on xmas.

OK OK OK, sapst16 YOU were my SS haha. I never realized we were supposed to use Mike as the return address and didn't see your clue until I downloaded that mediafire thing so I was thinking, oh I got Mike? I went back through the posts on here and as soon as I saw another post mentioning typography and Kevin Devine I was like. "oh, well duh" haha. Thanks dude!!! Next time I visit my parents in PA we'll have to kick it or something!

OK OK OK, sapst16 YOU were my SS haha. I never realized we were supposed to use Mike as the return address and didn't see your clue until I downloaded that mediafire thing so I was thinking, oh I got Mike? I went back through the posts on here and as soon as I saw another post mentioning typography and Kevin Devine I was like. "oh, well duh" haha. Thanks dude!!! Next time I visit my parents in PA we'll have to kick it or something!

Haha oh man, you don't know how hard it was for me not to post when you thought it was Mike. I'm glad you're happy with the package, for sure! I'm completely down to meet up when you're around the way. I'd really like to pick your brain about writing and recording sometime. Your stuff is awesome, man.

Here's some pictures of my gigantic package I got yesterday.

6jAOT6V.jpg?1

First up, a CD from a band called Phox. I listened to it yesterday and I love it!

Here's the second round. 

GMmxPZA.jpg

Haunted Heads - Haunted Heads

Pudge - Closer To You

Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight

I looked for this Frightened Rabbit album during Record Store Day and never found a copy so I'm grateful to get this! I was super excited for all of these, even though I've never heard of Haunted Heads, Pudge, or Phox. From what I looked up, they're all local to Wisconsin, where my Secret Santa is from. It's really cool that I got these because whenever I travel I make it a point to pick up some local music I've never heard before, so I'm really excited to give these a listen!

THIRD ROUND!

BnGHhLZ.jpg

Again, three more records I'm pumped about! 

The Electronic Anthology Project of Dinosaur Jr (purple vinyl)

Jim James - Regions of Light and Sound of God

Dinosaur Jr- Bug, Live at the 9:30 Club (green vinyl)

The Jim James records is one of the few My Morning Jacket related records that I'm missing. And The Dinosaur Jr records were an amazing choice. I could be wrong, but I think the live record was pretty limited and only available to purchase from them on tour. I've never had the chance to see them live, so this one would have been pretty hard for me to track down. The Electronic Anthology Project was another great choice. It combines many things I love including, Dinosaur Jr, and reworked songs to contain cheesy 80s synths by the Brett Nelson (of Built To Spill!)

ROUND FOUR! WHEN WILL IT END?!

0H9mLHb.jpg

Another round of awesome records! I've never heard The Blakes, so I look forward to giving that a listen. The White Stripes bootleg is awesome. I love the White Stripes and this has live versions of some of my favorite tracks. A couple of the Dinosaur Jr singles I think were only available on tour, so another round of applause for my Secret Santa! They even included a second copy of one of them, so I look forward to passing one on to someone else to spread some Christmas cheer.

THERE'S MORE? ROUND FIVE!

To put the icing on top of this incredible package, my secret Santa really put in some extra effort and got me a test pressing of the new Sebadoh album!!!!!!

fhTILK7.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This amount of exclamation marks doesn't even come close to how I felt. If I had a dollar for how many times I said "wow!" while opening this package...

Secret Santa, you nailed it. I really appreciate all the thought and effort that went into this. It couldn't have been cheap, and I'm touched by your gratitude towards a total stranger. I felt pretty inadiquite about the package I was sending to my Secret Santa after this, so I got a few more records to stuff in there. Thanks for everything!

I looked through the thread looking for anyone from Wisconsin and from what it looks like, my Secret Santa was Steviex2shoes. Thanks a ton!

oRILvm6.jpg?1

6jAOT6V.jpg?1

First up, a CD from a band called Phox. I listened to it yesterday and I love it!

Here's the second round. 

GMmxPZA.jpg

Pudge - Closer To You

I looked for this Frightened Rabbit album during Record Store Day and never found a copy so I'm grateful to get this! I was super excited for all of these, even though I've never heard of Haunted Heads, Pudge, or Phox. From what I looked up, they're all local to Wisconsin, where my Secret Santa is from. It's really cool that I got these because whenever I travel I make it a point to pick up some local music I've never heard before, so I'm really excited to give these a listen!

THIRD ROUND!

BnGHhLZ.jpg

The Jim James records is one of the few My Morning Jacket related records that I'm missing. And The Dinosaur Jr records were an amazing choice. I could be wrong, but I think the live record was pretty limited and only available to purchase from them on tour. I've never had the chance to see them live, so this one would have been pretty hard for me to track down. The Electronic Anthology Project was another great choice. It combines many things I love including, Dinosaur Jr, and reworked songs to contain cheesy 80s synths by the Brett Nelson (of Built To Spill!)

0H9mLHb.jpg

Another round of awesome records! I've never heard The Blakes, so I look forward to giving that a listen. The White Stripes bootleg is awesome. I love the White Stripes and this has live versions of some of my favorite tracks. A couple of the Dinosaur Jr singles I think were only available on tour, so another round of applause for my Secret Santa! They even included a second copy of one of them, so I look forward to passing one on to someone else to spread some Christmas cheer.

To put the icing on top of this incredible package, my secret Santa really put in some extra effort and got me a test pressing of the new Sebadoh album!!!!!!

fhTILK7.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This amount of exclamation marks doesn't even come close to how I felt. If I had a dollar for how many times I said "wow!" while opening this package...

Secret Santa, you nailed it. I really appreciate all the thought and effort that went into this. It couldn't have been cheap, and I'm touched by your gratitude towards a total stranger. I felt pretty inadiquite about the package I was sending to my Secret Santa after this, so I got a few more records to stuff in there. Thanks for everything!

I looked through the thread looking for anyone from Wisconsin and from what it looks like, my Secret Santa was Steviex2shoes. Thanks a ton!

oRILvm6.jpg?1

Amazing

6jAOT6V.jpg?1

Here's the second round. 

GMmxPZA.jpg

Pudge - Closer To You

THIRD ROUND!

BnGHhLZ.jpg

0H9mLHb.jpg

fhTILK7.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oRILvm6.jpg?1

Glad you liked it. 

Phox, Haunted Heads and Pudge were all just thrown in because it was a reason to support some local bands.  Phox I was pretty sure you'd like, they are getting pretty big and are an awesome band.  Haunted Heads are nothing overly special, theres bands like them in pretty much everyones hometown.  Pudge is honestly pretty terrible, but they are nice guys.

A big part of the gift wasn't even really from me it was from Jason Lowenstein of Sebadoh for giving me the test press to give to you.   Seriously he's just about the nicest guy in the world.  I sent him a message explaining the secret santa deal and that you were a big Sebadoh fan and he responded immediately offering to give me the test press for you.  The Dinosaur Jr. 7" come from Amy Abrams from JMascis management team.  Again when I explained the secret santa she was kind enough to send me those 7" for you totally free. So huge thanks go to both of them for being beyond amazing.

Glad you liked it. 

Phox, Haunted Heads and Pudge were all just thrown in because it was a reason to support some local bands.  Phox I was pretty sure you'd like, they are getting pretty big and are an awesome band.  Haunted Heads are nothing overly special, theres bands like them in pretty much everyones hometown.  Pudge is honestly pretty terrible, but they are nice guys.

A big part of the gift wasn't even really from me it was from Jason Lowenstein of Sebadoh for giving me the test press to give to you.   Seriously he's just about the nicest guy in the world.  I sent him a message explaining the secret santa deal and that you were a big Sebadoh fan and he responded immediately offering to give me the test press for you.  The Dinosaur Jr. 7" come from Amy Abrams from JMascis management team.  Again when I explained the secret santa she was kind enough to send me those 7" for you totally free. So huge thanks go to both of them for being beyond amazing.

Wow those sound like amazing people

Just got my package! Of course I am a weak, weak man and I tore it open as soon as I could.

Here's what I got:

qp0dpSb.jpg

Descendents shirt

Broadway Calls "Comfort/Distraction"

Deep Pockets "You Feel Shame"

Static Radio NJ "An Evening of Bad Decisions"

Assorted stickers/sampler CDs

I also got punk'd:

OIDeIql.jpg

uY3C4Fe.jpg

Thank you so much, Santa! I love it all. I'm spinning these now and I love what I'm hearing so far!