Tigers Jaw - Hum / Cool 7"

We're having a CMJ label showcase October 19th at Santo's Party House in NYC. First 200 people get a limited edition Tigers Jaw 7" featuring a new song form their forthcoming LP, as well as an acoustic version of another song from the LP. 

tickets: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/380153?utm_medium=bks

1271553_10151869378377398_603180877_o.pn

Why awful? I think it's alright. This is in the small part FYI. 

Security is overzealous and unorganized (somehow that's possible). The sound the last few times I was there was terrible. The Title Fight/Touche Amore/Menzingers show was a chaotic and both Touche and the Menzingers complained onstage. The Red Scare tour went through there as well and Elway (the band) said the sound guy didn't do a soundcheck for them and had the house music playing throughout their set.

That said from a business perspective I know why people would run shows through that venue. Awesome lineup too!

Santo's is fine once you are inside. Getting in the door is the big issue. I've seen them hold a line up almost through the second band on nights they sell out. They are also strict on set times so even though they hold up the crowd they have no problem forcing the bands to play to a near empty room. 

Santo's is fine once you are inside. Getting in the door is the big issue. I've seen them hold a line up almost through the second band on nights they sell out. They are also strict on set times so even though they hold up the crowd they have no problem forcing the bands to play to a near empty room. 

Yeah I should have cleared that up and said security is tough to deal with at the door. Once inside they're ok. I do remain critical about their sound issues...especially with a club that has a set up like they do.