PO: Miley Cyrus - Bangerz

To get back to Fun, their Some Nights album has some pretty amazing pieces of music on it, but it is (in my opinion) absolutely ruined by some little details.

Like this for example, a really great pop song, but the part at 3:10 sounds like an awful joke/moment of absolute insanity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ho0y4en95Y

My personal problem with top 40 "pop" artists like Taylor Swift, Gaga, Miley, etc. is that I can't get over of the fact that they don't write their own music. Not lumping Fun. and actual bands into this category since most bands do write their own music but there are still exceptions to the rule. I can't understand why people idolize these artists when all they do is get in the studio with a producer, who has written the beat, the melody and chord progression to a song (and sometimes the lyrics) and just sing into a microphone, most of the time through an autotune or a pitch correction processor. I understand they have talent but I'm not about to start giving then credit for having a good song or a #1 hit single for something they didn't write. And as someone else mentioned, there's too much good shit that goes under the radar for me to focus my energy into a small selection of genre-specific music that's manufactured to appeal to the masses and sell as many records as possible (i.e. accessible)

I think the last song is the best song on the album. I like Mike Will Made It though so I may be biased.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUylYnbLTKg

But as far as million + unit selling pop albums go, I think the Lorde ep is pretty damn good. Biting Down is weird enough.

I heard Mike Will was pretty damn awesome on this, based on the grantland article.

I still haven't listened to Lorde yet, I've heard everything between greatness and absolute garbage for it.