Misfits - Walk Among Us LP PURPLE vinyl Hot Topic exclusive available 5/20

Really? Again? Blah, cmon, at least re-press the 7"s with original art work and inserts. Maybe, I dunno, considering the time of year, HALLOWEEN! It'd be so much more interesting than this again. Or how about a full box set of all their 7" releases? Or Samhain. Or anything but this damn album again. It's classic, it rules, I have a copy of the repress on blue, I'd rather see something fresh rereleased.

Really? Again? Blah, cmon, at least re-press the 7"s with original art work and inserts. Maybe, I dunno, considering the time of year, HALLOWEEN! It'd be so much more interesting than this again. Or how about a full box set of all their 7" releases? Or Samhain. Or anything but this damn album again. It's classic, it rules, I have a copy of the repress on blue, I'd rather see something fresh rereleased.

Nailed it!

They're not reissuing any of the old original Plan 9 stuff because Jerry Only and Glenn Danzig can never agree things. That's why the 12 Hits From Hell reissue from years back got canceled. I'm pretty sure Warner Bros owns the rights to WAU so that's why it keeps getting reissued.

As for Samhain stuff, that's all Danzig. Who knows why he doesn't want to reissue any of that stuff.

They're not reissuing any of the old original Plan 9 stuff because Jerry Only and Glenn Danzig can never agree things. That's why the 12 Hits From Hell reissue from years back got canceled. I'm pretty sure Warner Bros owns the rights to WAU so that's why it keeps getting reissued.

As for Samhain stuff, that's all Danzig. Who knows why he doesn't want to reissue any of that stuff.

Caroline has been constantly repressing all of the Plan 9 stuff. They're not making any new releases. All the Caroline stuff, except DDMD, is available on 180 gram vinyl now. Collection I and II, DDMD side B only, and Legacy of Brutality have been significantly remastered. You can get these pressings through Amazon, but with exception to LOB, the originals sound better.

Not sure the real reason 12 Hits was canceled, but I have the CD and the record really isn't that good compared to Walk Among Us. I can see why the band didn't want it released. Caroline took steps to release it independent of Glenn and Jerry's wishes.

I think 12 Hits is an awesome release. As an alternate reality mix anyway. I dunno why they freaked out so much, the same stuff was on the box set, just spread out all over.

I scored a clear WAU on RSD and was stoked. It's not like any of the Misfits stuff is going to sound great given the low budget recordings of the originals.

But curious, what's the deal w/ the 88 pressing compared to others?

Caroline has been constantly repressing all of the Plan 9 stuff. They're not making any new releases. All the Caroline stuff, except DDMD, is available on 180 gram vinyl now. Collection I and II, DDMD side B only, and Legacy of Brutality have been significantly remastered. You can get these pressings through Amazon, but with exception to LOB, the originals sound better.

Not sure the real reason 12 Hits was canceled, but I have the CD and the record really isn't that good compared to Walk Among Us. I can see why the band didn't want it released. Caroline took steps to release it independent of Glenn and Jerry's wishes.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you here.  The sound quality of 12 HIts From Hell is by far the best of any of the original Misfits releases.  Really not even close.

I was actually referring to reissues of the actual 7" singles. I know there was supposed to be a singles box set around the time of the Box Set release. Not sure who nixed that release, Danzig or Jerry Only. It'd be nice get vinyl reissue of the Who Killed Marilyn single (Spook City USA is an awesome song.)

Didn't know any of the current Caroline stuff had been remastered. The current pressing of Earth A.D. sounds pretty bad. I might have to seek out that remastered LOB though.

I think 12 Hits is an awesome release. As an alternate reality mix anyway. I dunno why they freaked out so much, the same stuff was on the box set, just spread out all over.

I scored a clear WAU on RSD and was stoked. It's not like any of the Misfits stuff is going to sound great given the low budget recordings of the originals.

I like the mixes of the 12 Hits songs on the boxset. I think you get the whole record on the box set except Vampira. But the mixing of the 12 Hits Caroline CD loses something. Too polished?

Walk Among Us sounds amazing. Its just the Rhino reissues that sound like crap, but all the Rhino stuff I've heard was awful (Stranger Than Fiction, 1st 5 Ramones on 180g or red vinyl).

If you wanna hear Walk Among Us in its glory, the 1982 presses are the way to go, but these are pricey. Sometimes a 2nd 82 press (purple sky, red logo) comes down to $50.

88 presses are a bit cleaned up. Lacking in raw energy, but you can here everything pretty clean. There are 2 versions, see my discography website for all the info. You have to give this 10 minutes to load, sorry:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ate-rt-UZaxydDlNM0xwVjFuVFdOZUdCSFU5ejhpZ1E#gid=0