Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Witch one of you Wizards wants to meet up for this?

I'm seriously considering traveling for it.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/psycho-las-vegas-2016-tickets-20777507083

Pretty cool line up. Not as good as that first Day of the Shred. Still kicking myself for not rallying for that one.

I fucking love their first record. I could listen to satans finest every day of the week. The newer stuff is okay i guess.

The band they came from norrsken is really good. Then they broke up and split off into graveyard and witchcraft.

Whoa, I didn't know that! I always heard Witchcraft started as a Pentagram cover band. First two Graveyard albums are gold. Liked the last one more than the third. This reminds me I need to listen to the new Witchcraft.

Head on over to the man advice thread. Lots of genuinely good people sending positive vibes down there. Plenty good thoughts your way.

That's a bummer, dude :(

Stay positive and when the living situation gets worked out, have a good night out at the bar!

Sorry to hear about that man.  Its so corny and zen but there's a lot of truth to when one door closes another one will open.  It really will.

Thanks for the kind words dudes. All of this definitely rings true.

She moved out yesterday so that's that. We had a cat the two of us so that will complicate things some as I love that little bugger and need to visit a lot but otherwise things are looking up. Still a bit confused as to how much I should keep in touch. Guess I'll have to go with intuition.

I am definitely going to take the time to do some things I've been wanting to do for years but have felt somewhat the relationship has held me back on so that is keeping me looking forward.

Was playing my copy of Obelisk at 33 1/3 I was confused, but it sounded awesome and heavy as fuuuuuck until the vocals kicked in and I realized what was going on.

I also did that. The Goya LP arriving was one great gift for the end of a thoroughly harsh week. Made me realize music will always stay.

Been jamming a lot of All Them Witches, Fuzz and True Widow. Especially stoked for the latter to bring out their new LP.

Still trying to decide if I want that Zaum/Shooting Gun split. It's good...but I donno.

I actually trust Zaum enough that I went in blind with that one. Still yet to recieve it but Oracles was so darn good that new lengthy tune (Serpentshrine?) can't possibly be bad. Shooting Guns is known to hold down on their end as well.

WsL3QEP.jpg

LlJswA2.jpg

Hey guys I need a second opinion. My Goya OBI came with this rip in the gatefold. Not sure how this could have happened because he shipped the record outside the cover. But anyways, Should I hit him up for a replacement cover? I know he states he doesn't replace things for minor damages but would this be considered worse than minor?

WsL3QEP.jpg

LlJswA2.jpg

Hey guys I need a second opinion. My Goya OBI came with this rip in the gatefold. Not sure how this could have happened because he shipped the record outside the cover. But anyways, Should I hit him up for a replacement cover? I know he states he doesn't replace things for minor damages but would this be considered worse than minor?

It never hurts to ask, and Steve's a really nice dude. He may say no though, these covers seem like they were super expensive. Offer to at least cover shipping the cover and I think he'll be pretty open to it because he'll know you're not just being a dick.

Thanks for the kind words dudes. All of this definitely rings true.

She moved out yesterday so that's that. We had a cat the two of us so that will complicate things some as I love that little bugger and need to visit a lot but otherwise things are looking up. Still a bit confused as to how much I should keep in touch. Guess I'll have to go with intuition.

I am definitely going to take the time to do some things I've been wanting to do for years but have felt somewhat the relationship has held me back on so that is keeping me looking forward.

I also did that. The Goya LP arriving was one great gift for the end of a thoroughly harsh week. Made me realize music will always stay.

Been jamming a lot of All Them Witches, Fuzz and True Widow. Especially stoked for the latter to bring out their new LP.

I actually trust Zaum enough that I went in blind with that one. Still yet to recieve it but Oracles was so darn good that new lengthy tune (Serpentshrine?) can't possibly be bad. Shooting Guns is known to hold down on their end as well.

The Zaum song is definitely rad. Suuuuuper long too. I'm just not crazy about splits because I usually end up only really likin one side.

Pallbearer Foundations Of Burden repress went up for PO today I believe.

100 Gold. 500 White/yellow. 500 Red/pink(Valentine's day is coming up for any of you looking to make a good impression on a "romantic partner").

$24.00.

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/vinyl/pre-order-pallbearer-foundations-of-burden-2xlp-ships-early-feb-2016/?no_redirect=true#.VqbAm_krLmE

PFL140-GLD.png

WsL3QEP.jpg

LlJswA2.jpg

I wouldn't be okay with that, especially considering the price you paid. Minor damage is a ding or dent or slight seam split. That is a full on tear in the cover. Hopefully he will replace that cover for you. 

Hit me up if you go to At the Gates. I'll be there.

I'd love to see Jucifer, but getting down to Churchill's on a weeknight is a near impossibility for me.

There's a stonerish show at the Poor House on Saturday with Shroud Eater, Destroyer of Light and Bleeth.

I might hit that up.

I feel you on that one, I'm doing a double night at churchills tonight and tomorrow with work in the morning after both shows. It's gonna be rough but worth it. That poorhouse show sounds sick! I've seen Shroudeater and Bleath before and they both kick ass!