Worst way to ever receive an LP...

I do but I also recycle a lot of them, just cause I eventually run out of room. Which is why I can understand some people dont save them

Yeah, I think it's a matter of deciding which ones to save, though.  I recycle a ~ton of mailers, but occasionally I'll stumble across a tank of a mailer that just beckons to be saved and used again.  There are only a handful of albums I'd be willing to sell, right now, but I find that it's good practice to have at least 10 mailers - if storage space allows it - on hand for future sales or trades.  I've definitely needed them spontaneously in the past.

Yeah, I think it's a matter of deciding which ones to save, though.  I recycle a ~ton of mailers, but occasionally I'll stumble across a tank of a mailer that just beckons to be saved and used again.  There are only a handful of albums I'd be willing to sell, right now, but I find that it's good practice to have at least 10 mailers - if storage space allows it - on hand for future sales or trades.  I've definitely needed them spontaneously in the past.

I'm in the same boat.  While I don't usually sell records, I like to have mailers on hand just in case.

Yeah, I think it's a matter of deciding which ones to save, though. I recycle a ~ton of mailers, but occasionally I'll stumble across a tank of a mailer that just beckons to be saved and used again. There are only a handful of albums I'd be willing to sell, right now, but I find that it's good practice to have at least 10 mailers - if storage space allows it - on hand for future sales or trades. I've definitely needed them spontaneously in the past.

In hopes of other people reusing them, I write the address on index cards and tape them to the mailer. That way they can just be peeled off instead of scribbled out

In hopes of other people reusing them, I write the address on index cards and tape them to the mailer. That way they can just be peeled off instead of scribbled out

Good Guy record seller, ladies and gentleman.  I'm far too lazy to cover up any stubborn labels or writing, and have tossed many-a-sturdy mailers because they were (arguably) impossible to re-label.  I love a large mailer with a label that comes right off; gets me stoked before I even see the contents.

Good Guy record seller, ladies and gentleman. I'm far too lazy to cover up any stubborn labels or writing, and have tossed many-a-sturdy mailers because they were (arguably) impossible to re-label. I love a large mailer with a label that comes right off; gets me stoked before I even see the contents.

If that's the case I just turn them inside out. Always worked for me

I got a package a few weeks back that I should have taken pictures of.

For starters, it was Neil Young's "After the Gold Rush" album that I bought off ebay.  It was listed as a double LP which is a bit odd since it is most definitely not a double.  This was the first clue something was off.

It was listed in NM condition.  Hmmm, OK, we'll see.  Clue #2.

The picture showed 2 LPs so I figured what the hell, let's see what the bonus LP is.  I paid $4.25 for it and it had free shipping!  Clue #3.

It arrives and is packed in a layer of bubblewrap and wrapped in brown construction paper.

I open it and sure enough, there are 2 LPs inside, one of "After the Gold Rush" and one of "Rust Never Sleeps" (my favorite Neil Young album), neither in a paper sleeve and both just beat to hell.

I figure it was worth the $4.25 I paid just on the off chance that the records were in OK shape and that the extra LP was any good.