The Beer Thread

man i'm lookin for some Prairie too! If you find someone, let me know! For whatever reason they skipped over NC

nevermind to my dumbness above.

Of course "they" did; Prairie is part of The Shelton Brothers, who fucking hate this part of North Carolina, due to one butthorn who couldn't take the fact he didn't get to gouge people for Westy XII.. ohhh well, 

nevermind to my dumbness above.

Of course "they" did; Prairie is part of The Shelton Brothers, who fucking hate this part of North Carolina, due to one butthorn who couldn't take the fact he didn't get to gouge people for Westy XII.. ohhh well, 

I'll let you know, if I can find any I'll try for a couple extras. Though you seem to do more beer trading than me. Maybe we can get a blockbuster three trade deal going or something. 

A brewery down the street from me brewed their imperial stout yesterday. They let a few of us help out and gave away the second runnings yesterday, so I picked some up. Since it is an imperial, the second runnings gravity is still around 1.065. Now all I have to do is boil, add hops and pitch the yeast. My wife wants a chai stout, so I'll add some spices in the secondary. I love Colorado!

A brewery down the street from me brewed their imperial stout yesterday. They let a few of us help out and gave away the second runnings yesterday, so I picked some up. Since it is an imperial, the second runnings gravity is still around 1.065. Now all I have to do is boil, add hops and pitch the yeast. My wife wants a chai stout, so I'll add some spices in the secondary. I love Colorado!

That's rad and seems like a lot of fun.  It would be cool if you all met up and compared how everyone's turned out afterward too.  I was hoping to do a stout for winter this year, but I think I'm too late now.

I'm in Dallas, Texas. Curious where NH came from. I've never even visited.

New Hampshire was the first of the British North American colonies to break away from Great Britain in January 1776, and six months later was one of the original 13 states that founded the United States of America.

New Hampshire was the first of the British North American colonies to break away from Great Britain in January 1776, and six months later was one of the original 13 states that founded the United States of America.

I was half expecting this answer.

I picked up Jubeale and some local Blonde Ale.

So I've decided I'm going to look into this thread from time to time

I've been branching out into the specialty section of the Whole Foods I work at to get a better sense of the different beers that are out there (as far as in the retail/supermarket setting goes). After talking to the guys in the department, I've tried Shipyards Smashed Pumpkin, Winter Solstice Seasonal Ale, Abita Purple Haze, and Lost Coast's Tangerine. I've enjoyed everything so far! I'm aware I'm a noob but I'm going to look here for recommendations as well.

I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to beer even though I started branching out from my normal Sierra Nevada Torpedo a couple years ago. I've never been on a brew tour and I'm still at a loss when it comes to what beers are proper for what drinkware, or how to determine mouth feel and nose characteristics.

I'm just over here like, yeah this is good shit.

I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to beer even though I started branching out from my normal Sierra Nevada Torpedo a couple years ago. I've never been on a brew tour and I'm still at a loss when it comes to what beers are proper for what drinkware, or how to determine mouth feel and nose characteristics.

I'm just over here like, yeah this is good shit.

Wow, if Torpedo was your go-to then you'll love your journey into craft beer.

Currently getting down with a Grolsch lager.

The only bar I've been to since I've moved here has a 76 beer list that you have 6 months to complete before you get a personalized mug. I started October 2, and this is my 36th. There are some good brews on here, and definitely a lot that I'd never touch without the obligation.

We have a similar bar called The Flying Saucer. You pay a fee to join the club and then try every beer on the menu. Once that's done they personalize a saucer with a phrase or quote of your choosing and your name, and they hang it up on the wall/ceiling. Something I wouldn't mind doing if I make more money in the future.

Yeah, and this place is not cheap by any means. But we quickly became friendly with everyone who works here, and it's just our speed.

The baseball post season had a lot to do with how quickly I've been trucking through this. And once I'm done, I plan on sticking to 2.50 shaffers.

I'm not familiar with what you can get in Texas. 

Any of the dark Prairie beers might do the trick and all the ones I've had are pretty awesome. I think Black Star also has some good Stouts and Porters, though not exactly a winter warmer. 

I just had a Allagash Jim Bean, which is their bourbon-aged tripel (Curieux) but with cold-press coffee added. It was pretty good, little hot, but not bad for a 10.3 or something.