The Beer Thread

Been hearing a lot about Prairie stuff, and I see them every time I go to the store. I'll definitely pick one of their brews up next time.

If you see any Bomb! I'll PayPal you instantly or trade you some delicious goodies from the Northeast.

that makes two of us! c'mon deafening!

Been enjoying the hell out of Founders - Backwoods Bastard.  It's one of my all time favorite beers.  This year it comes in at 10.2%.  For those that aren't familiar it's a dark ale that's aged in oak bourbon barrels.  Absolutely fantastic.  It comes in 4 packs.  I have paid between $12.99 and $14.99 for a 4 pack.  Unfortunately Total Wine always puts a limit on what you can buy.....one 4 pack per person, per day, and it always sells out super quick.  I found a store in DC that had 2 cases so I bought both cases because they didn't have a limit, haha.  They also gave me 10% off for buying so much which was really cool.  I'm stockpiling a case like a squirrel for when the cold really hits and I need the warmth.  Moral to this story is if you can find this stuff, BUY IT!!!! :)

A bar down the street just did a Michigan tap takeover sunday and had a vertical of 2009-2013 Backwoods Bastard on tap. Glorious stuff. 

Although it was next to some other badass stuff like Bells Black Note, so I didn't try all the vintages.

Holy balls.  That's awesome!!  I discovered the beer 3 years ago.  I'm keeping a 4 pack of the 2013 to compare with the 2014. Such an amazeballs beer.  I would've killed to have been at that tap takeover....though the next morning may not have been pretty.  At.  All.