The Beer Thread

Weird is almost always the best way to describe Magic Hat. For me they are pretty hit or miss, and honestly, it is mostly misses. Their darker stuff is generally a little safer bet I think. 

I'm still pretty new to this drinking actually good beer thing. Maybe once I try a whole bunch I'll think differently. 

I'm still pretty new to this drinking actually good beer thing. Maybe once I try a whole bunch I'll think differently. 

Pro-tip: skip over magic hat ;)

Kidding (not really, skip over magic hat), it all boils down to personal taste. their 'Heart of Darkness' is actually pretty good, so it's cool they brought that back.

Also, just thought y'all should know, stranaspank is a pretty righteous motherfucker; hooked a man up w/ some Hardywood Gingerbread Stout while I was in Richmond this weekend. Thanks dude!

Kidding (not really, skip over magic hat), it all boils down to personal taste. their 'Heart of Darkness' is actually pretty good, so it's cool they brought that back.

Also, just thought y'all should know, stranaspank is a pretty righteous motherfucker; hooked a man up w/ some Hardywood Gingerbread Stout while I was in Richmond this weekend. Thanks dude!

My buddy helped bottle it this year and is supposed to be shipping me a couple of 750ml bottles. :D

Internet high five! I drank an Igor yesterday with the family. Great stuff!

And for serious, skip Magic Hat.

Strange I really enjoy some of the magic hats. I super like #9, as well Elder Betty and had Circus boy the other day. And Pistil is pretty good as well. Their more experimental ones I try but usually know they're going to be way too bizarre to be good. But as you said it just boils down to personal taste.

dad brought me two 4packs of Heady Topper for thanksgiving. sadly i couldnt convince him to drive to the northern kingdom for a trunkful of hill farmstead.. but i'll be back there in january. VT pretty much owns the US microbrew market for best beer.

Had the Elabrotive #2 yesterday from Hill. That was a different offering from them. Really enjoyed it!

My Whole Foods only did 20% off wine for Black Friday. The fuckers.

I still picked up Avery Old Jubilation Ale, Founder's All Day IPA, and Real Ale Coffee Porter which will be the first porter I try, ever.

That All Day IPA is really good.  I've heard their Breakfast Stout is excellent too.

Definitely in agreement with the love for Founders Breakfast Stout. Just picked up a six pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale. I've heard great things and I'm excited to dig into it tonight. I was definitely kind of let down by Breckenridge's Christmas Ale. It was a good beer but was very bland in comparison to other Christmas/Winter brews.