Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Interested to hear Derek's take on Watered's debut.

I'd kickstart the shit out of it.  That's for sure.

I'm right there with you on anticipating a PO for Audrey Fall.  I really wish someone would look into pressing the Sisters Of... debut, but if it happens I suspect it won't be for a long, long while.  Also cringing at the shipping rates for the upcoming Talons PO.

I'd kickstart the shit out of it.  That's for sure.

I'm right there with you on anticipating a PO for Audrey Fall.  I really wish someone would look into pressing the Sisters Of... debut, but if it happens I suspect it won't be for a long, long while.  Also cringing at the shipping rates for the upcoming Talons PO.

Alright!! re: Watered...yes, definitely whatever it takes, even after the Sunlight Ascending KS, I would do this...

On the first Talons I splurged on the /100 Euro Black (cost me a Sheath tour press of something, can't remember)

Agreed on the Talons shipping:  I hate loving so many UK bands that ship out of there, the Pound 'pounds!!'  The GIAA killed me - in retrospect I would have not done Origins 2nd press, but used those funds for Pet Slimmers instead.

edited: suspect some others got an email saying the PO is delayed so Chris emailed the download code for the new album. Yes, I downloaded it. Yes, I did listen. Yes, I will give it 10 listens. No, on first pass it doesn't blow your socks off like the first, but there are tracks calling me back, so that's a good sign.  

Check out Terraformer (I don't believe I've seen them posted yet)

terraformer.bandcamp.com

Another post-metal band. Blacker than Watered. Shit's loud & hits hard. Reminds me of when I listened to Kokomo's newest, but much less monotony. Their first album (The Sea Shaper) even has some mathy elements. "Creatures" is their newest.

Vinyl is available for both albums but comes with a hefty Euro shipping fee.

I think 10 or more of you guys should tell me you like Terraformer so I can hook up a group buy of "Creatures" haha. Honestly that's the only way to make that reasonable. 10 orders would put it at about $27 each, including the cost for me to ship to everyone. Frickin Euros are killers! I wish Aentitainment could handle all overseas shipping!

I think 10 or more of you guys should tell me you like Terraformer so I can hook up a group buy of "Creatures" haha. Honestly that's the only way to make that reasonable. 10 orders would put it at about $27 each, including the cost for me to ship to everyone. Frickin Euros are killers! I wish Aentitainment could handle all overseas shipping!

Just realized I don't have Creatures, and therefore haven't heard it.  The S/T is the only thing in my iTunes, and I remember digging it a fair deal, a while back.  Grabbing Creatures right now.

Yeah I was looking at Stargazer. When I quoted 10 copies with shipping it equated to 182 Euros which would be $248, so about $25 each NOT including me shipping out to you guys. But I get dirt cheap shipping at work so I could even cover it myself probably. So really I'd only ask $27 per person.

One single order of the record came out to about $38 something shipped. So a pretty good savings if we somehow get 10 people.

After typing all that up, I figured it out for 5 orders & it would only be like $30 per person, so we probably don't need to go to 10. That is, if people like this album enough to still drop $30.

1075.gif

Let's try that again.

@ king of gutters: what site were you looking to order Creatures from, with 9+ other VC members?

Ah. I see where the confusion lies. I thought you were asking me if I were ordering it from king of the gutters, but instead you were asking king of the gutters where he was ordering it from.  That gif worked out perfectly. 

• jhulud locked this topic