Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

I saw someone speaking of te' (or Té) earlier, new track : https://vimeo.com/161943702

Hope it will be available soon, according to the guy behind Zankyo UK, it has been pretty chaotic since the first announcement of the album.

Pretty sure there's another track from this EP that's been out; I used to be able to watch it and then Zankyo pulled all of their access from American servers. So now I can't. So lame.

See if any of you guys can figure it out. Sasan, can you confirm whether it's on the new EP? Pretty sure it's got a purple/rainbow-y cover.

Pretty sure there's another track from this EP that's been out; I used to be able to watch it and then Zankyo pulled all of their access from American servers. So now I can't. So lame.

See if any of you guys can figure it out. Sasan, can you confirm whether it's on the new EP? Pretty sure it's got a purple/rainbow-y cover.

I'm pretty sure that the song you posted was released on their 2014 EP & the last album:

znr_134_te-300x300.jpgte_jk_0429-300x300.jpg

I'm pretty sure that the song you posted was released on their 2014 EP & the last album:

znr_134_te-300x300.jpgte_jk_0429-300x300.jpg

See, that's what I thought too but I didn't know it was ever released. The rainbow cover one is not on Discogs, and it's nearly impossible to decipher the Zankyo website, so I could never tell.

I love that song, and am really bummed I have no way to listen to it any more.

Do any of you guys have a way to download or rip videos from Youtube, and then re-upload them? I don't get why they won't allow access to the USA. It's really fucking stupid.

Just use a browser extension, like Hola, to switch your region to Japan.

Firefox file is corrupt, and the Chrome extension no longer exists. Grrrr

This, and my fucking Somewhere Along the Highway black pressing is fucking terrible. It looks like it's a 5 year old used copy haha. So many scuff marks and scratches, right out of the sleeve. And then there's a big 'ol scratch right across the entirety of Side B.

I'm having the worst fucking luck haha. UGH!

But I did get my Spurv records! Except they misunderstood me when I asked to have the records shipped outside of the jacket. They just took the record out of the paper sleeve, and let it stay inside of the cover, so now my copy of Blader Som Faller has seamsplits on every side. urrrrrggghhhhhhh

I can't win!

I just cringed so fucking hard I think I pulled a neck muscle. Wow.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. You're going to have to be a little more colorful with your description.

But seriously, can anyone ever understand what the hell they're talking about? I feel like they use Mad Libs to write their reviews.

No, I get what they're trying to go for, but it's just so unnecessarily cheesy and amateur that it simultaneously upsets me and also makes me feel embarrassed for them. Exorbitant metaphors do not equate to skilled reviews. It reads like a 4th grade creative-writing exercise.

This x 10000.  It's like they have to shoe-horn their "knowledge" into each review like any of us give a damn.  And I swear you can google each band's "cliched comparison" and it'll find it's way into a Pitchfork review.

Not that they review much post-rock, but you can damn well bet you are going to get an Explosions reference in each one of them.  

See, that's what I thought too but I didn't know it was ever released. The rainbow cover one is not on Discogs, and it's nearly impossible to decipher the Zankyo website, so I could never tell.

I love that song, and am really bummed I have no way to listen to it any more.

Do any of you guys have a way to download or rip videos from Youtube, and then re-upload them? I don't get why they won't allow access to the USA. It's really fucking stupid.

You can listen to it on bandcamp: https://zankyorecord.bandcamp.com/album/without-the-necessity-of-ideology-and-sympathy-the-music-attribute-of-prompting-is-only-an-auditory-hallucination

Not that they review much post-rock, but you can damn well bet you are going to get an Explosions reference in each one of them.

*reviews Jakob*

"...between the swells of noise and harsh distortion are the tender pluckings of "All of a Sudden..."-era Explosions in the Sky, clearly a nod to their genre forefathers..."

*reviews Daturah*

"...the sound samples and slow-building climaxes combine for an otherwordly listen, the latter obviously drawing from the post-rock behemoths Explosions in the Sky, sounding like a B-side off of "Take Care..."..."

*reviews Yndi Halda*

"...an inital listen through the sweeping violin melodies and raw drums underscores a clear reference to Explosions in the Sky and the sound that made up that genre-defining band, specifically in their 2001 effort "Those Who Tell the Truth..."..."

*reviews The Angelic Process*

"...ostensibly you wouldn't think a reference to the post-rock masters Explosions in the Sky could apply; such a notion, however, would be false. Beginning at around the 4:37 mark on the C-side of Weighing Souls with Sand, there's a four-second interlude where the bass is held on the middle E: a subtle nod to their brethren from across the genre, who, on "The Earth is Not...", utilized a similar note..."

*reviews Jakob*

"...between the swells of noise and harsh distortion are the tender pluckings of "All of a Sudden..."-era Explosions in the Sky, clearly a nod to their genre forefathers..."

*reviews Daturah*

"...the sound samples and slow-building climaxes combine for an otherwordly listen, the latter obviously drawing from the post-rock behemoths Explosions in the Sky, sounding like a B-side off of "Take Care..."..."

*reviews Yndi Halda*

"...an inital listen through the sweeping violin melodies and raw drums underscores a clear reference to Explosions in the Sky and the sound that made up that genre-defining band, specifically in their 2001 effort "Those Who Tell the Truth..."..."

*reviews The Angelic Process*

"...ostensibly you wouldn't think a reference to the post-rock masters Explosions in the Sky could apply; such a notion, however, would be false. Beginning at around the 4:37 mark on the C-side of Weighing Souls with Sand, there's a four-second interlude where the bass is held on the middle E: a subtle nod to their brethren from across the genre, who, on "The Earth is Not...", utilized a similar note..."

Baahaha well done. Sadly that's probably dead on.

This I can't make up...

Russian Circles - Memorial

In that regard, you'd have to place them in the company of Explosions in the Sky, another band that can create compelling narratives without words.

Russian Circles - Geneva

but it also works against the album's momentum a touch, the widescreen beauty of Explosions in the Sky reformatted to fit your screen. It's fine, but it's not necessary;

Russian Circles - Station

Whereas Mogwai are spiky and slightly oblique, Mono are purple-hearted and passionate, and Explosions in the Sky muck about in major key clouds, Russian Circles are efficiently precise.

This Will Destroy You - Another Language

If you're an instrumental guitar band that resides in Texas, people are bound to compare you to Explosions in the Sky—even if it isn't at all accurate.

Do Make Say Think - Other Truths

The charged music of Explosions in the Sky fit the open expanses and crushing blows of Friday Night Lights' take on Texas high school football culture.

This I can't make up...

Russian Circles - Memorial

Russian Circles - Geneva

Russian Circles - Station

This Will Destroy You - Another Language

Do Make Say Think - Other Truths

TIL everything sounds like EITS, and everything is actually bad.  I thought every band was supposed to sound like Foo Fighters?...

• jhulud locked this topic