Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

That's awesome. I'm jealous. I have the second pressing, but I got it for $6 and it's NM, so I have no complaints. The owner of the record store I went to a lot in SLC gave me his copy. So that was kind of neat. He was a super nice guy. Spiderland is a staple. I wish more people listened to it.

Since you keep talking about it, I just bought it. Will report back.

Spiderland is amazing, and the documentary with the new pressing is well worth watching. Gives you an even bigger appreciation for the band. June of 44 "Engine Takes To The Water" and Rodan "Rusty" are the 2 most Spiderland-like albums I can think of to recommend if someone is looking for a similar feel and both were also T&G related releases

Spiderland is amazing, and the documentary with the new pressing is well worth watching. Gives you an even bigger appreciation for the band. June of 44 "Engine Takes To The Water" and Rodan "Rusty" are the 2 most Spiderland-like albums I can think of to recommend if someone is looking for a similar feel and both were also T&G related releases

Nice, definitely adding these to my want list.

Boom! yes ^

I'm checking out Spiderland right now. Not really familiar with this album; I've checked it out a few times before. Not very into the vocals here, to be honest. I can see why some would call it post-rock back then. I don't really know what to make of it, genre-wise. They're using all these odd time signatures, and the spoken word stuff over top...

\\

On another note, I am 1 step closer to completing my Sunlight Ascending collection!!! Don was super awesome and hooked me up big-time with the Kickstarter package that contains the physical releases of their live album and the Phyllotaxis CD (that song is SO incredible!) and Leaving My Waiting Room.

I've managed to track down someone with their self-titled first release, to confirm that it does exist as a separate release, even though most of the songs are on All The Memories, All At Once.

He sent me pictures, and I've asked him what it would take to part with it. So, we'll see!

No Tarental - From Bone to Satellite repress talk? TR is repressing it - its one ive been waiting for, for a looong time.

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr023

Ordered swiftly, Saturday night. I still doubt I'd have checked them out if it weren't for you, Charlie. Hard to believe FBTS is as old as it is and just now seeing a repress.

Pelagic has just shared this. I think we can expect a new pressing of Key soon.

eqfMEqI.jpg?1

Not looking forward to shipping, but so SO excited for this. It'll fill my heart hole where ITTCT was supposed to be. Looking forward to seeing what variants we get out of this, too, cause Pelagic always kills it.

Not looking forward to shipping, but so SO excited for this. It'll fill my heart hole where ITTCT was supposed to be. Looking forward to seeing what variants we get out of this, too, cause Pelagic always kills it.

Maybe also their new one will help to repair your hearth hole, the album is already recorded and mixed but no more updates about it since december. The best thing would be to see both the Key repress and the new one out together with bundles and stuff.

I had only a single experience with Pelagic in the past but one of the worst ever for me. Really bad and unkind customer service, they sent the wrong variant in a shitty mailer and the result was a smashed corner.

I'm very excited about the new pressing of Key too, I'm definitely going to get a second copy of that, or maybe also a third, fourth ... :lol:

Maybe also their new one will help to repair your hearth hole, the album is already recorded and mixed but no more updates about it since december. The best thing would be to see both the Key repress and the new one out together with bundles and stuff.

I had only a single experience with Pelagic in the past but one of the worst ever for me. Really bad and unkind customer service, they sent the wrong variant in a shitty mailer and the result was a smashed corner.

I'm very excited about the new pressing of Key too, I'm definitely going to get a second copy of that, or maybe also a third, fourth ... :lol:

I don't think I've ever ordered direct from them. I've always gotten their releases from distro. Fingers crossed though. I'm personally hoping for blobs in clear.

I don't think I've ever ordered direct from them. I've always gotten their releases from distro. Fingers crossed though. I'm personally hoping for blobs in clear.

Next group buy... when it's announced of course.

• jhulud locked this topic