Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

You know what? Fuck it. $76 for 2 records and a CD. This stuff isn't available elsewhere, and I want it.

My bank account hurts. UGH.

In other great news, Don's Sunlight Ascending collection made it to my door today. :D :D :D :D

It's literally the post-rock holy grail. EVERYTHING. I NOW HAVE EVERYTHING. THEY EVER RELEASED. I win!

EDIT: Just put the Fourteen Nights At Sea order through. I feel good about this. This music is so heavy.

i feel like i could sell you many, many things from my collection that i dont want anymore

Gumbo, you could live on Fluttery Records label and never leave. Too bad no vinyl.

If you like Godspeed at all, with an eerie vibe, The Seven Mile Journey are my favorite in that subgenre.

Have to listen to all releases sequentially, uninterrupted, in the dark, and some red wine. A 3+ hr journey I try to do every 4 to 6 months, which is about how often I get to be alone haha.

Yeah they're great. New copy on it's way.

Also, you guys ought to check this band out. They're like... post-rock hardcore. Post-core? I can't fucking get enough of it.

My one buddy hated it, but he's dumb. The recording is amazing. Very well-produced. It's a small group from Boston. Great dynamics and songwriting, IMO.

Would love to hear what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/gFRBYcYtvAE

I enjoyed this instrumentally, but couldn't get into the dude's voice at all. Too whiny of a scream.

Also, I've been meaning to share this band/EP for a few days. These guys came through my email feed last week, from Fluttery Records.

They make me think of Pray For Sound a bit, kind of an edgier post-rock twist. Lots of bouncing delays, but with a more upbeat foundation. Amazing production, IMO. Also hints of early TWDY.

https://code-i.bandcamp.com/album/although-we-may-fall

http://www.flutteryrecords.com/flttry104

This is solid stuff. Definitely heard PFS in there. Also had some Shy, Low vibes at times.

This is solid stuff. Definitely heard PFS in there. Also had some Shy, Low vibes at times.

Yeah I think I'm going to pick this up. I love it too.

Sleepmakeswaves Audiotree is starting now...

http://audiotree.tv/live/

EDIT:  Holy fook that was amazing.  So stoked to see them on Friday.

Setlist??? I don't think I'm going to be able to swing seeing them, I'm so pissed. I've taken so much time off for shows lately, I just don't think I'll be able to work any of the shows they're doing, in order to get there in time to see them open. Boston on a Thursday and NYC on a Friday... fuck. Maybe I'll be that guy and call out next Friday... and then haul ass back home to be back to work Saturday.

Also, I finally heard back from Wout. He was away for a week and finally getting back to his emails.

He has offered to replace the record for half price plus half shipping, plus half off any other Dunk releases.

I'm not completely happy, but... I think that might be a fair offer? I need one more Kokomo CD, and maybe pick up some Immanu El stuff from him as well to make it worth it.

I enjoyed this instrumentally, but couldn't get into the dude's voice at all. Too whiny of a scream.

I can totally get that... for some reason, his whiny voice is what I'm latching on to. I get what he's feeling. It's weird.

My buddy said the same exact thing... that the voice and music don't pair. It's that odd juxtaposition that I love though.

Thanks for listening, these guys are fucking sick at writing music.

Yeah I think I'm going to pick this up. I love it too.

Setlist??? I don't think I'm going to be able to swing seeing them, I'm so pissed. I've taken so much time off for shows lately, I just don't think I'll be able to work any of the shows they're doing, in order to get there in time to see them open. Boston on a Thursday and NYC on a Friday... fuck. Maybe I'll be that guy and call out next Friday... and then haul ass back home to be back to work Saturday

The Stars Are Stigmata

Emergent

Great Northern (I think)

Something Like Avalanches

I would do anything to get Joy Wants Eternity - You Who Pretend To Sleep pressed. my god. my goal for 2016-2017.

I would throw SO much money at this. So much. And "Must You Smash Your Ears..." as well.

Stupid amounts of money.

$1200 ticket to Boston, stay with parents in NH, go to fest in VT. Tempting, very tempting... I would like to see the lineup.

It's all still very preliminary. He's got to get all the financials set up, but he said August 2017 is the projected date.

If it's Burlington, it's going to be at Higher Ground I'm sure. Multiple stages, great sound, intimate club/theater.

• jhulud locked this topic