Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

Oh also, I just totally had a dream that on May 1st in Boston, Caspian is playing all of "Dust and Disquiet" in it's entirety, and they only announced it on the day of the show.

And here's some music for you guys to check out, this band came across my Youtube auto-feed after Fourteen Nights At Sea:

They're pretty cool, they do some nice delicate layerings of sound combined with some upbeat, but still very laid back drum energy.

So, I know we're all freaking over the new Gates and ITTCT stuff, but I have to share with you all an EP I was just turned on to.

A couple guys I talk to on Facebook from Switzerland have a record label, and they're going to be pressing some stuff to vinyl. They hipped me to this EP today, and it's REALLY freaking good.

The whole thing is only 22 minutes long, and the 3 tracks flow together like one big composition. My favorite track is the 3rd track, which utilizes blastbeats! In post-rock!!! It's amazing!!!

The guitar player also uses a lot of the Isis chord stylings I loved so much about that band, with some droney harmonies hanging over the main foreground chords.

Please give this stuff a listen! I can't wait for this to come out.

Graveface has a couple designs for Jakob shirts here, bottom of the page:

http://www.graveface.com/graveface-merch.html

Also way jealous, that sounds amazing!

They actually had the one with the silver logo on black t-shirt for sale at Roadburn and I got one.

They also had 3 others different t-shirts each representig some kind of wild animals, not much into my style.

Was pretty pumped to find an original copy of Spiderland in PDX yesterday.

That's awesome. I'm jealous. I have the second pressing, but I got it for $6 and it's NM, so I have no complaints. The owner of the record store I went to a lot in SLC gave me his copy. So that was kind of neat. He was a super nice guy. Spiderland is a staple. I wish more people listened to it.

That's awesome. I'm jealous. I have the second pressing, but I got it for $6 and it's NM, so I have no complaints. The owner of the record store I went to a lot in SLC gave me his copy. So that was kind of neat. He was a super nice guy. Spiderland is a staple. I wish more people listened to it.

It should be required listening for anyone who loves Post Rock. I'd put it on my top 10 list. It's so good and the mystique around the band makes it even better.

I like to poke around Exiled Records on Hawthorne about once a month. I love that place. It's not even close to a good place for Post Rock...mostly experimental, psych, obscure stuff...also some reggae and dub....but I've found some original pressings of Pelican, Isis, Mono, Mogwai and now Slint in the past few months all for a pretty reasonable price. The Spiderland copy I scored is pristine condition, great pressing too.

• jhulud locked this topic