Am I being squeezed by an eBay member?

I think the reason for a lot of the problems encountered arise because with online auctions you have the sellers description and any photographs to base your bid price on, you can not physically pick the thing up and look it over and once it goes into the post you are at the mercy of the carrier no matter how well the item is packed. Insurance with the post office is a lot better but with most couriers if the item is signed for it is accepted as being in good condition which gives no one any room for manoeuvre.

What is mostly forgotten is that even with a large company buyer or seller you are dealing with a human being and in some cases a chain of human beings all of which are capable of being fallible, so a little bit of patience and common courtesy goes a long way to getting any problems resolved.

But as someone who grew up around vehicle, salvage and house clearance type auctions there are three statements about all auctions that seem to have been forgotten now auctions are primarily online and of which two basically mean the same thing:

Buyer beware

Caveat Emptor

ca·ve·at emp·tor
ˈempˌtôr/
noun
noun: caveat emptor
  1. 1.
    the principle that the buyer alone is responsible for checking the quality and suitability of goods before a purchase is made.
early 16th cent.: Latin, literally ‘let the buyer beware.’

The third is "errors and omissions omitted"

A lot of the above isn't relevant to online mail order purchases but the paragraph about human fallibility, patience and common courtesy certainly is.

If offered, I purchase it. If not offered, not my problem.

This is key, because if Jackholexxx says he/she never buys the insurance, and then gets upset/returns, well then, that would be different. There are many sellers on Ebay that say they will take NO resposibility for postal damage, and if the buyer really cares, to purchase insurance.

To the OP, why would you ever send personal emails to try and resolve a problem on ebay? I would recommend ONLY using the ebay messaging system when dealing with other ebay members, just so there is a record that Ebay can see. It's to your benefit.

I can't take a picture because it's i storage in Australia, but it's Prince's Lovesexy and they really pimped out his actual pencil thin effort into something much more spectacular. I think there might be a few dicks drawn in various other locations on the sleeve.

i am both disappointed and satisfied at the same time. that is spectacular.

You are a fucking joke. If I owned a label or distro I would refund every purchase you tried to make. Grow up, shit happens. Your attempt at sounding like a hard ass just makes you look like a damn fool.

Why do people have to resort to name calling? I have not called anyone a name, I have not resorted to personal attacks, I am just stating my opinion.

I have returned very few items. Almost 100% of what I have returned was because of improper packaging. I have only had one or two cases where the damage was caused by the carrier. You guys act as if I return almost everything. If the seller packages properly there is very rarely damage.

Y'all are being a little hard on ole jackhole here. I think there's a fair middle ground.

Seam splits aren't a big deal. But there are times when a seller obviously makes little effort to securely package a record, and the result is sometimes a bent corner, or several. Can't say I've ever sent a record back due to a bent corner, mostly because it's more effort than it's worth. But I definitely think in certain cases it warrants a buyer being a little upset.

I just make it easy and split all of my seams when I get the record, right after I check the color but before I store it for eternity on my shelf, never to be played. 

You don't even hang them on the wall? Fucking poser.

Why do people have to resort to name calling? I have not called anyone a name, I have not resorted to personal attacks, I am just stating my opinion.

I have returned very few items. Almost 100% of what I have returned was because of improper packaging. I have only had one or two cases where the damage was caused by the carrier. You guys act as if I return almost everything. If the seller packages properly there is very rarely damage.

we acted that way because you sure as shit came off that way.

I agree, but alternatively putting them inside of a hobby box would be acceptable as well.

I've started hermetically sealing all of mine so that they don't lose any of their potential resale value!

Y'all are being a little hard on ole jackhole here. I think there's a fair middle ground.

Seam splits aren't a big deal. But there are times when a seller obviously makes little effort to securely package a record, and the result is sometimes a bent corner, or several. Can't say I've ever sent a record back due to a bent corner, mostly because it's more effort than it's worth. But I definitely think in certain cases it warrants a buyer being a little upset.

i had a guy ship me a record in a bubble mailer. came absolutely mangled. the record itself wasn't too bad, still played, and he refunded me a little bit of the purchase price once i showed him a link to "how to pack a record" on this site. lesson learned on my part though, always make sure to confirm a seller is shipping a record in a freaking mailer.

jackhole's response to getting a sealed record with a seam split is to return it.

One time a seller coughed on a record I got from them and so I burned the record in a Satanic revenge ritual and now the seller is going to spend an eternity in flaming damnation.

Please explain. I thought I was just putting forth my logical argument/opinion. I am afeared people may be reading emotion into it. Again, I tried to keep the comments generic and never resorted to personal attacks.

I gotta' agree that you're being very polite and civil with your posts. I certainly don't agree with them, and I sure as hell would prefer to never sell you a record, but you're at least being decent with your view on purchasing vinyl.

Figured I would ask this here since it is fairly relevant, I listed an Xbox 360 network adapter on eBay today and it sold within a few hours. On my paypal, instead of saying completed or pending, the transaction says other. And on my listing it says the estimated fund availability is November 15th. I'm a bit confused because this has never happened to me. All money I have made off eBay has been available immediately. Any help?

Figured I would ask this here since it is fairly relevant, I listed an Xbox 360 network adapter on eBay today and it sold within a few hours. On my paypal, instead of saying completed or pending, the transaction says other. And on my listing it says the estimated fund availability is November 15th. I'm a bit confused because this has never happened to me. All money I have made off eBay has been available immediately. Any help?

Is this the largest amount of money you've earned on one item? Also, if you've taken 6-8 months off of selling this could happen.