Breaking Bad OST

Didn't intend to get the picture disc version, but my girlfriend ended up surprising me with it for Christmas. Still curious about the standard release, but it's nice to at least have one copy either way. Only had the chance to listen to it once so far, but it's definitely the best quality sound I've heard from a picture disc (in my limited experience with them).

Please tell me it is going to happen,

tumblr_m9en10uqX41qit8aco3_500.gif

But for real, I have no idea what he's asking.

If the vinyl is any other color than coke bottle blue (to match the show's Blue Sky), the ball will have been seriously dropped on this upcoming press.

Being only halfway through the show at the moment, I've been avoiding even reading about the soundtrack for fear of potential spoilers.  (Track names, the sequence of songs, etc.)  That being said, I am blissfully ignorant on this OST, other than being aware that it's currently available on some picture discs exclusive to Hot Topic.  Regarding the music on the soundtrack... are they compositions written for specific moments in the show, or cuts from the show's eclectic soundtrack?  Or perhaps a combination of the two, like Drive's soundtrack?  And do they span the entire life of the show?

I've genuinely loved the song selection and jams used throughout the show.  The backdrop they provide for meth deals, cooking, traveling... all of it is so good.  (So far, at least, having just started season 3.)  There are some tracks that waver greatly from anything I'd normally listen to, and the idea of having small exposure to their styles [vs. entire albums at a time] would be fantastic, if possible.  I admittedly haven't paid much attention to the show's compositions, since I find myself absorbed into the context and dialogue.  It seems like it does a good job, but I don't know about a standalone album consisting of them.  I'll definitely have to check out the MP3s before looking into the gatefold press.

If the vinyl is any other color than coke bottle blue (to match the show's Blue Sky), the ball will have been seriously dropped on this upcoming press.

Being only halfway through the show at the moment, I've been avoiding even reading about the soundtrack for fear of potential spoilers.  (Track names, the sequence of songs, etc.)  That being said, I am blissfully ignorant on this OST, other than being aware that it's currently available on some picture discs exclusive to Hot Topic.  Regarding the music on the soundtrack... are they compositions written for specific moments in the show, or cuts from the show's eclectic soundtrack?  Or perhaps a combination of the two, like Drive's soundtrack?  And do they span the entire life of the show?

I've genuinely loved the song selection and jams used throughout the show.  The backdrop they provide for meth deals, cooking, traveling... all of it is so good.  (So far, at least, having just started season 3.)  There are some tracks that waver greatly from anything I'd normally listen to, and the idea of having small exposure to their styles [vs. entire albums at a time] would be fantastic, if possible.  I admittedly haven't paid much attention to the show's compositions, since I find myself absorbed into the context and dialogue.  It seems like it does a good job, but I don't know about a standalone album consisting of them.  I'll definitely have to check out the MP3s before looking into the gatefold press.

You're right, the songs chosen for BB's soundtrack are exceptional. A personal favourite is this one (no spoilers):

Unfortunately, with that said, I think this soundtrack just consists of original (instrumental) compositions for the show.