PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

No, not at all.

I mean they sold 500 copies. Paypal credited an unknown amount of people back for their orders. Let's say 20 for arguments sake. So, Third Eye Blind is still sending out all 500 boxes, but basically they're only getting paid for 480 of them, or at least that's what I assume is happening. There is no information that would suggest otherwise.

So in this case you're sticking it to the man(band)?

I mean, what if a VC'er gets screwed?

Depends on who got screwed, I guess. If it was someone who deals fairly on here like Toki or Loveless Wrists, or someone cool I've dealt with like Royce or Sapst, I'd considered it. Otherwise, who cares?

You do know this is just a message board right? We don't owe these random people anything.

Technically by law, you are allowed to keep anything that is delivered to your house, whether you ordered it or not:

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0181-unordered-merchandise

Is it ethical? That's subjective.

That applies to unordered merch that just shows up at your door, which I believe is designed to keep from companies shipping you unsolicited goods and then attempting to collect on them (i.e. "Oh we sent you a leather coat a month ago... did you open it? Well then you owe us $400").

If you ordered, and cancelled or filed a claim, but it still shipped by accident things aren't as clear cut and the rule your citing doesn't apply.

Can anyone Input on S/T comparing the first press and the non boxset repress? Any big difference? I didn't pull the trigger on the repress because it seemed the same

I'll let you know tomorrow. My OG copy is really flimsy and sounds...alright, I guess. We'll see if the 180 Gram makes a difference.

New 3EB ineptitude scenario.

1. Third Eye Blind doesn't respond to our cancellation requests.

2. Paypal credits our account for the full amount paid.

3. Third Eye Blind mails us our boxed sets.

4. Third Eye Blind notifies us our orders are canceled.

5. Third Eye Blind refunds us our money (again).

6. The box set shows up anyway.

Hey, a guy can dream right?

...Now it seems you guys are complaining you won't get a free $200 box set....

I don't think anyone is complaining. The premise of getting a free $200 was fun to think about, but it seems as though we'll be getting what we paid for, nothing, which is fine, you know, because we didn't pay for it.

You know, I was commenting on something said 2(?) days ago. You guys said there was a shipping confirmation and etc. details. So how is it you guys won't get the set? Can they redirect something currently in shipment?

My tracking number still says "initiated" so I assume they provided FedEx with the tracking info, but haven't actually sent it. I believe you can also recall a package once it is shipped, but I'm not a hundred percent sure.

Then again, there is also the (small) possibility that these just show up at our doors anyway.