PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

Got my box today. 152/500. Everything's in good order. I asked pages ago and no one answered but these are definitely pressed at GZ which is a bummer.

In my experience, GZ pressings that I have owned, most of which have come via Pirates Press, have been warp free, centered and fairly pleasing all around. Compared to a few other plants, especially United, I prefer them. United continually pisses me off, I don't understand why things turn out so poorly most of the time yet so many labels keep using them.

Anyone else notice the new vocal mix on "Danger?"

"Crystal Baller" is mixed horribly. Oof.

You may be hearing some differences in the vinyl remaster, but these are not remixed. Very different terms and processes. 'Out of the Vein' being from the era when compression was becoming used more heavily, it's going to sound pretty different than self-titled which is more dynamic. But I assure you, nothing was remixed. There is no point to that and it's an added expense and laborious process they definitely would not want to pay for.

You may be hearing some differences in the vinyl remaster, but these are not remixed. Very different terms and processes. 'Out of the Vein' being from the era when compression was becoming used more heavily, it's going to sound pretty different than self-titled which is more dynamic. But I assure you, nothing was remixed. There is no point to that and it's an added expense and laborious process they definitely would not want to pay for.

They are absolutely 100% remixed. The backing vocals in "Danger" are completely shifted. One song even has an entirely new vocal part added in (can't recall which one right now.) I'm not hearing compression, I'm hearing new parts.

They are absolutely 100% remixed. The backing vocals in "Danger" are completely shifted. One song even has an entirely new vocal part added in (can't recall which one right now.) I'm not hearing compression, I'm hearing new parts.

alright, yeah, cool. enjoy your one of a kind remixed album.

things can be shifted in mastering. vocals can be easily manipulated with eq. I've definitely heard things more clearly. that doesn't mean they remixed the original tracks. that would be completely counter intuitive and pointless.

#jenkins

alright, yeah, cool. enjoy your one of a kind remixed album.

things can be shifted in mastering. vocals can be easily manipulated with eq. I've definitely heard things more clearly. that doesn't mean they remixed the original tracks. that would be completely counter intuitive and pointless.

#jenkins

Can you teach me how to add in new vocal parts by manipulating EQ? This could save me hours of trouble in the studio!!!

Can you teach me how to add in new vocal parts by manipulating EQ? This could save me hours of trouble in the studio!!!

I'm not a professional engineer myself, but I do know a few, and I have mixed and mastered my own recordings. And I've listened to plenty of albums in different formats and heard things on some I hadn't before, such as vinyl. Remastering something can actually pull things forward that were overshadowed before. I'm not telling you aren't something different, I'm just saying it's not because the tracks were remixed. I'm listening to this track right now. Not hearing anything unusual.

When you listen to something digitally, especially an MP3, you're usually missing out on higher frequencies and lower db noises, background vocals can often be affected by that. If these were remastered for vinyl like they are supposed to be, and they used higher resolution digital files, which I believe they did, then it's entirely possible to notice something you had not before from the exact same mix.

And finally, if the tracks were remixed, #jenkis would be sure to tout that information.

'Remixed and Remastered for vinyl! It IS worth $35!!'

Alright, I'm not going to delete anything I said, because they are totally valid points. And I didn't hear anything significant on 'Danger'.

However, there is most definitely a vocal part on the intro to 'Can't Get Away' that was not there before. No denying that.

However, this may be a different mix they approved long ago, one they may have preferred to the final version. I still don't think it was remixed for this release, but it is different. This much is true.

Carry on ...

No shocker here, but I didn't get my entire order, even though it shows what I ordered on the invoice/packing slip.  Has anyone had any luck getting them to respond to e-mails?  If so, what e-mail address was used?  I can't get them to respond at all.  No shocker there either.

Edit:  Got a response of hey, we'll look into this. 

FACEPALM.