PO: Third Eye Blind boxset

In my experience, GZ pressings that I have owned, most of which have come via Pirates Press, have been warp free, centered and fairly pleasing all around. Compared to a few other plants, especially United, I prefer them. United continually pisses me off, I don't understand why things turn out so poorly most of the time yet so many labels keep using them.

GZ records look nice but they're pressed using Direct Metal Mastering using a digital master. Would've proffered an all-around analog pressing.

i wouldn't fucking argue with a guy who has a vinyl instagram

Ha! Yes, clearly my views are absolute!

I don't think anyone can have an opinion on here at isn't opposed at all. It's just a pet peeve of mine to confuse the terms and operations of mixing and mastering. However, I have to defend him to some degree, he isn't totally wrong. Things are definitely different, I'm just sure they were this way prior to the final version in 2003.

Ha! It's ok. I don't think anyone can have an opinion on here that isn't opposed at all. It's just a pet peeve of mine to confuse the terms and operations of mixing and mastering. However, I have to defend him to some degree, he isn't totally wrong. Things are definitely different, I'm just sure they were this way prior to the final version in 2003.

i do know that they completely re-recorded a bunch of their songs around 2010-11 for different things. 

My copy of Blue, which I ordered on December 7, arrived in the mail yesterday. Looks and sounds beautiful. As for s/t, ordered on November 11 —  customer service replied to my e-mail:

"I'm sorry the Self Titled has not arrived.  Besides the holiday season, I don't know the reason for the delay.  If we for any reason receive it back, we will let you know and ship it directly.  

Thank you for contacting Customer Care,

What is the best option for me at this point? Both USPS and 3EB's customer service don't seem to know what happened with my package. I already opened a PayPal dispute a few days ago to prevent losing $40, but I just want the record. Should I order another one before they sell out? Should I perhaps wait it out a little more?

I guess I should have used the term "alternate" instead of "new." Though, I still strongly suspect that they remixed the release. Either way, these mixes are new to the public. I've listened to the CD probably 500 times. I obsessed over it for about a year. So when there is something different, it sticks out like a sore thumb to me. I've counted at least 6 noticeable differences, and none of these differences could have occurred in the mastering phase. These include new vocal parts, alternate panning for guitars, one new drum fill, etc. The only difference that I hear that can be explained by mastering is one track which fades out on the CD, and ends sharply on the vinyl. Other than the changes made to Crystal Baller, I have to say that I love what they did with it.

I have a feeling these will be going for $20 on eBay in a couple of months.

I'm hoping this will happen, represses flooding the 'bay, so I can also get the first presses of Blue and S/T cheap. I feel like these flippers that are selling them at $69 and some at $99 will cause the prices to come down slowly. I know when the represses of Incubus came out OG Morning View and Crow REALLY came down.

So I guess living in canada is way too far for them to ship the holiday bundle to me. Ordered over a 5 weeks ago and still it says unfulfilled. I just want these damn records. Finally got a refund from my cancelled boxset order after 3 weeks of private messaging brad, talking to paypal, amex, emails to two "customer service" addresses and their manager. Worst service ever. Good luck to anyome with order problems....

So I guess living in canada is way too far for them to ship the holiday bundle to me. Ordered over a 5 weeks ago and still it says unfulfilled. I just want these damn records. Finally got a refund from my cancelled boxset order after 3 weeks of private messaging brad, talking to paypal, amex, emails to two "customer service" addresses and their manager. Worst service ever. Good luck to anyome with order problems....

I feel your pain, unfulfilled here as always. I just wish they would be more explicit and just say whether or not our orders have been sent out. As I said earlier in the thread, despite the unfulfilled status of my order, I did receive a rather vague 'it should be there any day now' type response, so I believe it might have been posted regardless of what store.3eb.com says. This is all of course assuming that the email reply wasn't just palming me off, which I wouldn't put it past them. I'm going to remain upbeat and predict an international customer will get a bundle or a box-set this week  :blink: