Warped Tour 2014

My understanding of most of those bands is that they are.

Shitcore: Attila, Issues, Beartooth, The Word Alive, The Devil Wears Prada, Secrets, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, Motionless in White, etc...

Teeny pop: Mayday Parade, Anberlin, The Maine, Breathe Carolina, etc...

Clearly there's a discrepancy between our definitions of the genre. 

Shitcore: Attila, Issues, Beartooth, The Word Alive, The Devil Wears Prada, Secrets, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, Motionless in White, etc...

i do not like any of those bands listed above except for anberlin. and they are far better than any of the other bands you lumped them in with.

Yes wtf is a shitcore

Its all relative to when people think the last *good* warped tour was. for those who were teens in the 90s then yeah 98-99-00 were the last good ones. for me I thought the best ones were in 04-05. but I did go last year and enjoyed myself. for people who are teens now they may think these are the best and the ones we went to previously cannot live up to what they are going to now.

its all relative. 

with all that being said, I just looked at the lineup for this years and I was suprised to see 6 or 7 bands I wouldnt mine seeing.

Every year, its the same thing with people bitching about "how its not as good as it used to be" or "I'm too old to go to warped tour" and blah blah blah

I'm 28. I've gone every year since 02 and I have fun every single year. Even on the years that may only have 2-3 bands that I'm really into, I still discover probably 2-3 bands that I've never heard of and to me that's what warped is about.

It seems like the cool thing to do now is bash the tour because its not "punk" enough or whatever. News flash people....there's shitty bands on it every year. Always has been and always will.

so far 5 bands i wanna see and im sure a few others will be announced that i like.  I have been to every warped tour since 99 that has came this way.  

It always cracks me up that people bash this tour non stop.   sure its not all 90's skate punk bands but thats not whats popular now.  Why would Kevin book those bands?

I'm glad im not closed minded with music and stuck to 1 genre

Every year, its the same thing with people bitching about "how its not as good as it used to be" or "I'm too old to go to warped tour" and blah blah blah

I'm 28. I've gone every year since 02 and I have fun every single year. Even on the years that may only have 2-3 bands that I'm really into, I still discover probably 2-3 bands that I've never heard of and to me that's what warped is about.

It seems like the cool thing to do now is bash the tour because its not "punk" enough or whatever. News flash people....there's shitty bands on it every year. Always has been and always will.

Okay this is the post I agree with the most.

Silverstein fits in there somewhere. 

The last good line up was 1998.

I went in 2009 and saw Streetlight Manifesto, Bad Religion, NOFX, Big D, and Less Than Jake. While I was really there for the former three bands, It was a solid lineup. I would have rather had somebody more exciting than LTJ but not the end of the world. 

so far 5 bands i wanna see and im sure a few others will be announced that i like.  I have been to every warped tour since 99 that has came this way.  

It always cracks me up that people bash this tour non stop.   sure its not all 90's skate punk bands but thats not whats popular now.  Why would Kevin book those bands?

I'm glad im not closed minded with music and stuck to 1 genre

It was always my understanding that the Warped Tour was not about catering to what's "popular" - when was skate/street punk really, actually popular? Sure, Punk in Drublic sold 500,000 copies and Bad Religion/Epitaph cashed in (say what you want) but it never saw the success of grunge and alt-rock in the 90s. I saw it as booking music that was good. These guys - Bring Me the Horizon or whatever shitcore bands are playing - can be the most popular bands in the world, but that won't make their music any better. 

I don't think you should dismiss us as being close-minded because the Warped Tour is straying from what we interpreted as its focus. I don't think I am or am being close-minded at all; my taste in music is pretty varied, I just don't want to see the Warped Tour becoming part of the shitcore scene.

That being said, if one or two good bands get announced (especially NOFX), then I'll be eating my words and buying a ticket to the Warped Tour. So I'm just a big shithead anyway, and who cares? It is all relative.

Even in the 90s Warped Tour would have some bands that catered to current trends. I know Kid Rock, Godsmack, Staind, Papa Roach, Eminem, The Black Eyed Peas, Sevendust, Sugar Ray, and Limp Bizkit all played Warped Tour in the 90s. I'm sure there were other nu-metal or pop-rock bands as well.

Even in the 90s Warped Tour would have some bands that catered to current trends. I know Kid Rock, Godsmack, Staind, Papa Roach, Eminem, The Black Eyed Peas, Sevendust, Sugar Ray, and Limp Bizkit all played Warped Tour in the 90s. I'm sure there were other nu-metal or pop-rock bands as well.

The fact that The Black Eyed Peas, Agnostic Front, Ice T and Blink-182 all toured together for a whole summer still blows my mind.

Might as well bash on every band that played Warped Tour from 2004 to 2006...

I mean I wasn't interested in Warped then either... so that's fine with me?

I will say though, I've always loved The Matches. Their first two records were so good and I regret not going to any Warped Tour that they were on even if they were the only good band there. From all the videos I've seen and the stories I've heard they put on a hell of a show.