OUT NOW: La Dispute - Rooms of the House

Really, really digging this. Vass's bass is so gnarly, and Brad's drumming is so solid throughout. It feels so consistent and solid. I imagine they'll have more fun playing these songs than any they've written before. There's an enjoyable lightness to this album that hasn't been very present on La Dispute records in the past. It also feels like a beautiful summation of EVERYTHING they've done in the past, including Here, Hear stuff, "Objects In Space" particularly. I think it's all just so good.

Pre-order can arrive now, thanks. ;-)

On first listen, I really enjoyed this. I'm about to sit down and listen to it with the lyrics.

On a side note, if anyone didn't like the album and wants to get rid of a blue limited edition copy, I'm looking for one.

It's still available in their merch store?

EDIT: whoops nevermind!  I saw it was still in the list and assumed that meant it was still available.  Sorry!

It's still available in their merch store?

EDIT: whoops nevermind!  I saw it was still in the list and assumed that meant it was still available.  Sorry!

Haha it's ok.

I like For Mayor in Splitsvillle a lot more now that I have heard it with the rest of the album. At first, I wasn't sure about the song, but I think it fits. 

Man I can't stand Will Yip's production style. This could've been a great album but he kind of ruined LD for me now. Might be selling my bundle now.

I wouldn't go NEARLY as far as selling my album. I actually enjoy this. However, I think they could have benefitted with choosing someone else to produce the record.

Edit: 

With that said, I enjoy a shit ton of the things that Will makes.

Basically. I tried to say as much in my review:

http://www.altpress.com/reviews/entry/la_dispute_rooms_of_the_house

"whereas their past two full-lengths have spanned four sides of vinyl each"

Somewhere at the bottom had an etched d-side  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D