OUT NOW: La Dispute - Rooms of the House

I'm guessing there will be a tour press for this? Do they usually do that?

I'd say either a tour press or a record release edition.

I've been reading a lot of mixed opinions on this album, which is often a good indicator of lasting power.  Would anyone say that it lacks consistency throughout, or that it feels overly disjointed?  That's the main complaint I'm hearing.  It seems like most folks who are a fan of the Here, Hear releases are all over this one.

But the majority of this thread sounds like they're pleased with it, so that's a plus.

I'd say either a tour press or a record release edition.

I've been reading a lot of mixed opinions on this album, which is often a good sign.  Would anyone say that it lacks consistency throughout, or that it feels overly disjointed?  It seems like most folks who are a fan of the Here, Hear releases are all over this one.

The album is very consistent and flows quite well imo

I'll throw in my two cents here:

I am going to see Mansions on Saturday in Atlanta.

I listened to Somewhere... and Wildfire when they first came out and really disliked them, so I planned on leaving after Mansions and maybe a little PBTT. But I listened to the first few songs of the stream of this album and actually enjoyed it! So... yay?

I listened to Somewhere... and Wildfire when they first came out and really disliked them, so I planned on leaving after Mansions and maybe a little PBTT. But I listened to the first few songs of the stream of this album and actually enjoyed it! So... yay?

This is making me want to check the album out for kicks.

I'm actually going to that show too haha. 

But I would give them another chance. At first I wasn't really into La Dispute, but after seeing them live and giving Wildlife another chance, I really liked them.  

La Dispute just posted that there was an over press of the blue variant. They now have an extra 136 available. Go nuts.

https://www.facebook.com/LaDisputeMusic

http://hellomerch.com/collections/la-dispute/products/rooms-of-the-house

Just came here to post that, hopefully some people here that missed out can snag one.

Whoever hasnt ordered this record already needs to get on it!

I actually saw the overpress status on Facebook a few minutes ago (haven't been on VC all day), and they weren't sold out of the blue copies when I clicked through, so I went ahead and bought one. I was planning on just picking up a black copy whenever I found one, but after hearing some of the album, I couldn't wait. Glad I saw that announcement when I did!

I'm sort of worried, though, because it might get to my house before I'm back from Spring Break. I just hope one of my roommates is still in town and can get it into my house before the elements have their way with it.