Recent purchases

Ocean Carolina - All The Way Home

I'm hoping for a hand numbered, 180 gram, clear variant /100.  According to the label, Old Hand Records, the first 100 orders receive this variant.

Edit:

Confirmed by OldHand that I'll definitely be receiving the variant I was hoping.  Stoked for this!

Also picked up a couple records from Company Ink Records.

Cartel - The Ransom - EP (Red Splatter /400)

Cartel - The Ransom - EP (Money Green /400)

Thanks to some gift cards and cash leftover from Christmas, I have gotten a lot of records.

Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds

Elvis Presley - S/T

Ian Hunter - S/T

Kanye West - The College Dropout

Rilo Kiley - Take Offs & Landings

Frank Sinatra - Songs for Swingin' Lovers!

Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel of Love

Bob Dylan - S/T

Lou Reed - Berlin

David Bowie - Station to Station

Still expecting a few more albums in this week...I need to take a break; my wallet is hurting hard.

I expect this lot should go in the Oldies sale thread but I ordered these on January 1st and they arrived yesterday. All I ordered I received so that was good and I had heard none of them although I did know one or two of the artists.

So lots of listening for the next few nights.

Item Price Qty Total   Delayed Reaction by Soul Asylum (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: FTN 179021 $11.97 1  $11.97   Eat Their Own by Caged Animals (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: LUCKY 0471 $10.00 1  $10.00   Happeners by White Wives (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: ADELINE 31361 $9.55 1  $9.55   Hysterical (Deluxe Edition) (2-LPs + Bonus Tracks) by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: CHYDLX 9291 $16.05 1  $16.05   Jet Lag by Josiah Wolf (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: ANTICON 1001 $8.52 1  $8.52   Lives And Treasure by Acrylics (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: FFR 09231 $6.22 1  $6.22   Nothing Bad Will Ever Happen by Dignan Porch (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: CTS 901611 $6.65 1  $6.65   One Of Us (2-LPs) by Pomegranates (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: AFN 22871 $12.58 1  $12.58   Peyton On Patton by Reverand Peyton's Big Damn Band (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: SDR 714531 $11.41 1  $11.41   Positively 4th Avenue by Sun Wizard (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: SIXFOUR 15121 $9.88 1  $9.88   Quilt (Limited Edition) by Quilt (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: MXS 3109911 $8.58 1  $8.58   Shale and Sandstone by From A Fountain (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: PKV 711341 $6.65 1  $6.65   Splinter Trip Revisited - Live At Hayfield Jazz (2-LPs - 180GV + CD) by Dr. John (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: OZIT 80111 $23.20 1  $23.20   Summer Of Lust by Library Voices (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: NRV 0091 $10.29 1  $10.29   We Make Our Own Bad Luck by New Ruins (Vinyl LP)
Item Number: AHA 0921 $8.44 1  $8.44 Shipment Subtotal: $159.99

Lps

Further Seems Forever - The Moon Is Down

Beck - Sea Change (sealed MFSL)

Alice In Chains - Jar Of Flies/Sap (sealed og us presssing)

TLC - Fanmail

Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power

Mogwai - Rave Tapes (loser edition)

Jimmy Eat World - Pain 7"

Tapes:

Snot - Get Some

Down - Nola

Mr. Bungle - Disco Volonte

DoC - "Decomposition Fantasy" - yellow w/ screenprinted b-side /300

Rapturous Grief - EP - green /150 [second press]

Bad Acid Trip - "Remember"

Bad Acid Trip/Kungfu Rick - split

Hella - "Falam Dynasty"

Massgrave/In Disgust - split /608

Conga Fury/Chainsaw/Voetsek - split

God is My Co-Pilot - "Straight Not" CD

Couple years back, I made the mistake of buying the 45 RPM version of this. (Apparently, Metallica decided to use their patented "St. Anger" mastering process, ensuring the entire album sounds like it's coming out of your neighbor's $30 boom box.)
Yesterday, I corrected that mistake. Original Elektra first pressing. Mint and amazing.

1622565_10152555807899348_869197719_o.jp

Couple years back, I made the mistake of buying the 45 RPM version of this. (Apparently, Metallica decided to use their patented "St. Anger" mastering process, ensuring the entire album sounds like it's coming out of your neighbor's $30 boom box.)

Yesterday, I corrected that mistake. Original Elektra first pressing. Mint and amazing.

1622565_10152555807899348_869197719_o.jp

I have heard they are so hit or miss. I have the 33 rpm of ...And Justice for All and it sounds fucking horrible, but my 45 rpm of Ride the Lightening sounds pretty good to me. Thanks for the heads up on Master though, will search out only originals.

I have heard they are so hit or miss. I have the 33 rpm of ...And Justice for All and it sounds fucking horrible, but my 45 rpm of Ride the Lightening sounds pretty good to me. Thanks for the heads up on Master though, will search out only originals.

I agree with Puppets....sounds shit house.......i have a couple of different pressings of the 45 press and its all shit

Really? I can't stand how the 45RPM of RTL sounds. I'm looking for an original press of that one too (ideally Megaforce).

The first three represses (KTA, RTL, MP) have a rep for sounding pretty awful in both 33 & 45. Justice actually is a lot better, considering. (You might be hating the mix of the album. The original was pretty quiet and had NO bass whatsoever. That won't ever change unless Metallica decide to remix the entire thing top-to-bottom.) I've heard good things about the 45RPM of Justice but I don't want to pay that kind of money.

The Black Album 45 RPM is the keeper. Not my favorite Metallica at all, but that version sounds fantastic on wax. Those used to be easy to find, much pricier now but you might still be able to track down a cheap one....

Really? I can't stand how the 45RPM of RTL sounds. I'm looking for an original press of that one too (ideally Megaforce).

Try find a Nexus Jap Press or Banzai Canadian press of RTL on the cheap.....i have them both and they sound fucking amazing.....i spend a bit of cash with the Nexus and the Black Label Banzai......but the white label Banzai is more common and can be found for a good price