I Don't Get The Hype

What would you say is a band or album that you just can't get into? No matter how many friends or critics adore it, it just doesn't click for you.

I have two bands that immediately come to mind.

Dads and Pity Sex.

So many people I know were all about Pity Sex so I checked them out and just didn't get it.  But I'm old and don't really understand kids today.

To clarify on my post; I'm not implying that said "VC bands" are bad. I just think the majority of them are incredibly overhyped by users who consistently listen to three genres or less. I do own or have owned records from some of these artists, and am able to enjoy some of them. But the hype runs strong with;

Title Fight

Joyce Manor

Circa Survive

La Dispute

Balance & Composure

Brand New

City & Colour

Blink-182

Etc.

I don't get why people are writing like this for the last couple of years.

haha its a meme that still cracks me up. and I'm 10 years old on the inside. I can safely say that most others who do this are the same way. peter pan syndrome is what my doc told me. its brutal..

Also, to the dude who said the Beatles.....this is one where I get that you may not like their music...but to not understand the 'hype'. that I don't get. modern music would be beyond different without them. concept albums, political commentary, connecting with the youth in terms of self identity, fashion....so many examples of influence still 50 years later thats applied to most bands. 

haha its a meme that still cracks me up. and I'm 10 years old on the inside. I can safely say that most others who do this are the same way. peter pan syndrome is what my doc told me. its brutal..

Also, to the dude who said the Beatles.....this is one where I get that you may not like their music...but to not understand the 'hype'. that I don't get. modern music would be beyond different without them. concept albums, political commentary, connecting with the youth in terms of self identity, fashion....so many examples of influence still 50 years later thats applied to most bands. 

You hit the nail right on the head.  You don't have to like the Beatles, but you should respect them.  Everything we listen to would be vastly different If they never existed.