Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

Arya owed the hound a bit more than to just walk away.

Hey, she did take his silver, too. Hahaha...

No, but I think his talking backfired on him... those remarks about Sansa, he prob thought would enrage her to the point of finishing him off, but instead did the opposite and only helped her decision to leave him suffer.

Also this may be slightly spoiler-ish so...

Because we don't see him die on-screen, he might not even die (yet)... so this could come back later as a plot device. That could be the real reason why she didn't finish him.

Hey, she did take his silver, too. Hahaha...

No, but I think his talking backfired on him... those remarks about Sansa, he prob thought would enrage her to the point of finishing him off, but instead did the opposite and only helped her decision to leave him suffer.

Also this may be slightly spoiler-ish so...

Because we don't see him die on-screen, he might not even die (yet)... so this could come back later as a plot device. That could be the real reason why she didn't finish him.

Haha yeah I get he still may be alive........hope that's the case as the hound is one of my favs! But yeah his approach didn't help. She shoulda saw thru it is all.

Anyone care to guess the other two dragon riders? I've thought arya and Jon are the easy choices. But now I'm thinking arya and someone new.

I think Jon is way more likely of a candidate than Arya. As for the 3rd, who knows?

Has to be someone with Targeryen blood, yeah? This is where shit gets heavy on spoilers.

Arya is a Stark+Tully, thus has no dragon blood.

Jon is rumored to be son of Ned's sister and a Targeryen, [Ned took the blame/kept the secret from everyone including Catelyn to keep him safe. Think about how honorable Ned is, also who knocks up a tavern-wench and then waits 9 months for a bastard to pop out to bring it home... well I guess if Ned did cheat he would be the only one, but I find it doubtful he would ever cheat in the 1st place.] hence why Jon is a much more likely candidate than Arya. [Also if you read ahead into Arya's storyline... that whole battle between Brienne and the Hound and her going off alone has HUGE implications. If you haven't gathered by now, she is headed down a dark path.] So Jon is rumored to have dragon blood, and also: 'A Song of Ice and Fire' Jon Snow could be Ice, or Ice could be the white walkers. But I think Dany and the dragons are fire.

Other chars who have dragon blood are Stannis and Gendry (Robert had it, from his mother's side.)

Tyrion is rumored to have dragon blood, there's tons of wild theories out there you can look up. But one is that Tywin is not his real father.

Going to post this separately, DO NOT VIEW THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS / READ THEORIES ONLINE / DON'T WANT TO SPOIL ANYTHING.

The child Gregor Clegane (The Mountain) killed [Oberyn's sister's child] was switched with the real Targaryen, he's still alive and will come back later, he has the dragon's blood (name is Aegon) and so would be a very good candidate.

Haha yeah I get he still may be alive........hope that's the case as the hound is one of my favs! But yeah his approach didn't help. She shoulda saw thru it is all.

Anyone care to guess the other two dragon riders? I've thought arya and Jon are the easy choices. But now I'm thinking arya and someone new.

I think Jon is way more likely of a candidate than Arya. As for the 3rd, who knows?

Has to be someone with Targeryen blood, yeah? This is where shit gets heavy on spoilers.

Arya is a Stark+Tully, thus has no dragon blood.

Jon is rumored to be son of Ned's sister and a Targeryen, [Ned took the blame/kept the secret from everyone including Catelyn to keep him safe. Think about how honorable Ned is, also who knocks up a tavern-wench and then waits 9 months for a bastard to pop out to bring it home... well I guess if Ned did cheat he would be the only one, but I find it doubtful he would ever cheat in the 1st place.] hence why Jon is a much more likely candidate than Arya. [Also if you read ahead into Arya's storyline... that whole battle between Brienne and the Hound and her going off alone has HUGE implications. If you haven't gathered by now, she is headed down a dark path.] So Jon is rumored to have dragon blood, and also: 'A Song of Ice and Fire' Jon Snow could be Ice, or Ice could be the white walkers. But I think Dany and the dragons are fire.

Other chars who have dragon blood are Stannis and Gendry (Robert had it, from his mother's side.)

Tyrion is rumored to have dragon blood, there's tons of wild theories out there you can look up. But one is that Tywin is not his real father.

Going to post this separately, DO NOT VIEW THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE BOOKS / READ THEORIES ONLINE / DON'T WANT TO SPOIL ANYTHING.

The child Clegane killed was switched with the real Targaryen, he's still alive and will come back later, he has the dragon's blood and so would be a very good candidate.

Can you guys not talk about this in the other thread? I really didn't need to read anything about "dragon riders".

Well, at least I'm careful enough to put huge spoiler warnings.

And personally I've found that reading ahead only enhances my enjoyment of the show for a number of reasons.

1) Huge amount of lore, feels like a living breathing world, fun to play 'what if...'
2) I don't get spoiled by people who can't spoiler tag.
3) I focus more on how they treat the source material, than on actual plot twists, thus avoiding freakout moments when beloved characters die...

such as this one... no spoilers if you are current up to S4E8:

http://www.tickld.com/x/guy-goes-crazy-after-the-last-game-of-thrones-episode-this-is-the-best-status-

Dude asked a question, I put in my .02 and put anything not covered already on the show, and even stuff that has been covered, in clear spoiler boxes. Only thing I didn't was something that was already blurted out. I can't spoiler box other people's posts.

Jacob read the books and he said it's all speculation anyway, so I think the jets need to be cooled a little.

I'd be curious to know how many people actually subscribe to HBO and watch Sunday at 9, and how many torrent it an hour later. If you torrent it, then you can be spoiled for all I care. Just like if you download albums, you should have to suffer through a shitty quality rip.

I'd be curious to know how many people actually subscribe to HBO and watch Sunday at 9, and how many torrent it an hour later. If you torrent it, then you can be spoiled for all I care. Just like if you download albums, you should have to suffer through a shitty quality rip.

Oof.

Oof.

Yeah, no I know it's harsh but its kinda true though. I'm still delicate w/ spoilers though, cause I'm a gentleman, but if someone else springs one on you, I can't feel too bad.

Literally.

Simple.

I'm actually glad you brought this up ... seems like threads are being locked for less these days. And if people are being discouraged from participating, people won't populate the boards. I see it happening already where people are now afraid to participate, not just in certain threads, but on the entire VC board in general. So yeah w/e dude who signed up 6 months ago and has roughly same number of posts as a 6 year member could stand to cool their jets a little, going to go out on a limb and assume they torrent anyway. I know these are prob all unpopular opinions, but w/e I'm sounding off a little at this point...

The 'simple' thing where everyone ganged up on Zay,.. I'll admit I think he is a hilarious person, still there's no need to cyber-bully the guy. He likes Paramore. Simple. If I were Hayley Williams, I'd steer clear, but other than that, kid can obsess over whatever band he wants.

The 'simple' is really not funny. Well when Zay says it, it's pretty funny. But in this context, let me summarize: You missed my corny joke and you're going for what you think is an easy laugh by pandering to people who also like to get in on the cyber-bullying. Don't call me out for using 'simple' myself cause I'm turning the joke on its head. I get creative w/ that shit.

I know this is not a popular opinion and will probably catch flack, but I'm okay with that, I've been the odd man out for as long as I can recall.

Also consider this thread thoroughly derailed.

hGkGATr.jpg

Back to the topic at hand... that was probably the best season finale of any TV show, ever. Even by Game of Thrones standards. Can't wait til S5 already. Good thing I've got the S1-3 blu ray box to review in the meantime. S5 and beyond shit is going to get crazy. S5 filming starts in Aug and they've renewed for S6 already. At this pace the show creators are on track to surpass GRRM and his DOS machine. We should all pitch in on a kickstarter to make sure he stays alive long enough to finish the story. Can you imagine the internet if the Thrones saga never got completed?