Game of Thrones: Season 4 (NO SPOILERS BOOK-READERS!)

As for bad guys left for next season..I hate Stannis and the Red Witch, something is definitely gonna go down between Jon and her. Ramsay Bolton of course, he's fucking terrifying. Cersei teaming up with that Dr. Frankenstein dude trying to heal the Mountain was ominous, I can see her duking it out with the Tyrells with zombie Mountain at her side. I hate Littlefinger just because of his stupid accent, but he rides the line between good and bad really well which makes him interesting.

Lol at the accent part. I thought the same thing but you're right, he does ride the line between good and evil so I don't know how I feel about him yet. I think I like him just because he got rid of the king but I definitely feel like there is evil in him. I don't know anything about the books but I feel creeped out for Sansa.

Technically both, right? It was Tyrion's room when he was the hand, became Tywin's room when that title transferred. Shae was in Tywin's bed, precipitating the actions that followed. 

from you non book readers, do you have any inklings as to why tyrion went upstairs in the first place?  what do you speculate?

from you non book readers, do you have any inklings as to why tyrion went upstairs in the first place? what do you speculate?

I thought maybe he was looking for stuff to grab before he fled? So he wouldn't be totally poor when he escaped. He then Saw shae and got angry and then went after his dad and was detoured? Honesty I would have just bolted away as soon as I was let free.

I should rewatch the episode. There is a lot I missed

First time around I thought 'why wouldn't he go after Cersei'? But like Lara said, he didn't intend to kill anyone, it just happened.

I rewatched it and it made more sense. The passageway he's in leads up to the the room that the small counsel meets in, which is right near Tywin's room, so I assumed that once he came out of the passage and saw where he was, he was going to talk to his father.

Though, it still doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't he just go meet Varys? Did he think after talking to Tywin, he'd just let Tyrion go?

Watched the finale last night after my run of DFHVN shows. Avoided all social media that could lead to spoilers.

Great finale. Plenty of WTF and Fuck Yeah! moments.

I was on the edge of my seat and close to tears during the fight between Brienne and The Hound. Didn't want either to die. Yeah, I know. The Hound is a bad guy but he changed having Arya around.

Lol at the accent part. I thought the same thing but you're right, he does ride the line between good and evil so I don't know how I feel about him yet. I think I like him just because he got rid of the king but I definitely feel like there is evil in him. I don't know anything about the books but I feel creeped out for Sansa.

You shouldn't...she knows she has the upper hand (or should I say vagina?) on Littlefinger...she runs that shit now.

Yea, what Lars said. I didn't figure it out, until my wife said something about asking what room she was in. Didn't she say something like "my lion" and then saw Tyrion and was shocked. 

She said Tywin's name too.

it doesn't make sense to me though cause if Tyrion was like trying to confront his father, what would stop Tywin from grabbing him and restraining him.  It's not like Tyrion has any special strength or power.  I could understand him wanting to kill him for his father sentencing him to die, but that's really not enough..

Maybe being late ( in the middle of the night I think it was ), he thought Tywin would be asleep so he could kill him easier..

I don't know if he really planned on killing him though. I don't think he had much of an actual plan, he was running on emotions.

Then he went in there, saw his former boo in his father's bed, and was fucking DONE.

The book gave clear reason and motivation as to why he would go upstairs to find Tywin.  Doesn't seem to be any logic to it the way they played it out in the show.

yup. For those that want it there is an imgur gallery with screen shots overlayed with the text from the book that gives a little more info.

http://imgur.com/a/gVJxd#B9bjao3

• 4 weeks later...

While there is another thread for this talk, if it helps at all there have been no "dragon riders" spoken of in the books except for in the past, as in that's how the Targaryans won the throne before Robert Baratheon took it.

Everything they've spoken of is all speculation.

Exactly, it's sort of implied as backstory, but that's about it. This series has such immense backstory that I think it helps to know the 'history' so you're not always going 'who's that guy?' Knowing that stuff helps you understand characters motivations more.

Thank you! I'm fine with speculation, the way it was mentioned just seemed like it was a for-sure thing that was going to happen.

Nah, it's basically like... the Targaryen sigil is a 3-headed dragon, Dany gave birth to 3 dragons, Jorah keeps telling her they 'can't be tamed,' they killed a goat, and then a child, and the title of the book series is 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and the white walkers are probably ice so the dragons must be fire? It's just theory based on things we've all seen if you are up to date on the show.

So the dragons aren't just gonna go roast the white walkers on there own, will they? So ppl figure 3-headed dragon, 3 dragons, there must be 3 dragon riders, would be tough for Dany to tame them all. She would probably ride the Alpha one who toasted the kid... The other 2 riders would have to be of Targaryen blood.  That's all just foresight, I haven't read the books.  Things get spoiler-y when you talk about who is left that has dragon blood, [but even much of that is unconfirmed speculation as of now.] so I made sure to spoiler tag all of that stuff.

I never considered ANYONE riding Dany's dragons until somebody brought it up.

Then you haven't been paying attention.

The oldmantree told bren he wont walk but he will fly, and my first thought was, black drag be flyin 2 da north 2 b his bitch!!!! So, you know, catching clues from the dialog

Nice catch.  You're definitely paying close attention.  But now if that happens you just spoilered hahahahaha. ;)

Some people are just better at reading foreshadowing that others, I guess. :P

• 1 month later...

"So what will Nairn do while Hodor lays low? He's currently keeping busy as a DJ on his "Rave of Thrones" tour, a dance party for fans of the series. And if for any reason that doesn't pan out, the 6-foot-10 actor can always fall back on a previous career.

"I actually started off, believe it or not, doing drag," he said. "I traveled the world because I was a completely off-the-wall drag artist."

...Hodor.