Post Your Record Storage Area

There's the whole issue of it collapsing when setting it on the side, though... the way it's built doesn't really seem to be meant for that.

I haven't had enough coffee to even pretend to be a scientist, but I think the infamous picture of the 4x4 that collapsed had more to do with the shelf leaning too far to one side until it finally collapsed, thats not going to happen with a 2x4 on its side. I think the 4x4 would have lasted much longer if all of the weight/pressure was strictly vertical.

When I got mine the box included stuff to anchor it in the wall. I'd anchor mine if I had it upright, it is kinda heavy.

i wonder is it the L brackets that look extremely ugly that they use on some of their products? if so...meh to that.

And that is a good point..that they do have them displayed on their side at the actual store. I think for where I'm going to have it though, it would be better upright, like a bookcase. I'm going to get the Rega wall mount and probably have the speakers either in the expedit or on it

When I got mine the box included stuff to anchor it in the wall. I'd anchor mine if I had it upright, it is kinda heavy.

i wonder is it the L brackets that look extremely ugly that they use on some of their products? if so...meh to that.

And that is a good point..that they do have them displayed on their side at the actual store. I think for where I'm going to have it though, it would be better upright, like a bookcase. I'm going to get the Rega wall mount and probably have the speakers either in the expedit or on it

I'm not using them but I think they were L brackets. Just put them on the inside and they won't look ugly.

anyone have this shelf?

my bookshelf is falling apart and i'm out of room anyway, and i dont have a wide enough space for an expedit (i dont think)

plus this is cheaper

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/13690607

1. That is only 11" deep. Your records are gonna stick out.

2. It is the same width as the 2x4 Expedit, so if that fits, so will the Expedit.

3. If neither fit, there's a 1x5 Expedit you could buy.

anyone have this shelf?

my bookshelf is falling apart and i'm out of room anyway, and i dont have a wide enough space for an expedit (i dont think)

plus this is cheaper

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/13690607

I have this bookcase in white with DVD's and books on. It's cool but i had to buy two extra shelves so that i could fit everything on without leaving massive gaps.

Also the measurement is the outside depth not the internal. The shelves themselves are only 10" deep.

I am pretty sure if that fits though you will be able to find an Expedit that will fit. If not breeze blocks and timber!

• 1 month later...
  • jhulud locked this topic