Post Your Record Storage Area

you could buy some L clamps at the hardware store and screw them onto the back and inside of the shelf. That would increase the stability of it. My guess is that it won't ever break from vertical force. But what would be most likely is that it would lean to one side and then just fold in on itself. If you bought some L clamps you could make it a little more sturdy and hopefully keep it from leaning.

But at only 77lbs It will probably be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Not brand new but might as well be. A little dust, no scratches and came with these great black ikea lights that snap on to the top. Was listed for $99. Someone beat me to the punch so i offered $125 and I'd pick it up within 5 hours and they sold it to me. The couple is moving to Germany so I think they were happy to move it so fast. We took it all apart and its now wrapped up in my garage until I move. Wish I could set it up now.

There's the whole issue of it collapsing when setting it on the side, though... the way it's built doesn't really seem to be meant for that.

i've had mine on it's side with the bottom four squares full of vinyl and the rest full of books and my tv on top, no issues whatsoever.

if you wanted to give it a bit more stability you could get some backing and tacks at home depot.

• jhulud locked this topic