Post Your Record Storage Area

Guest xpissedx
Heres my vinyl:

[image]

and just for shit heres my CD's:

[image]

i also have 4 boxes full of cds under my desk on the other side(not where the vinyl is). my rooms a little small but i managed to fit everything...so thats all that matters.

Are these cd shelves available still anywhere? I'm having the hardest time finding cd storage.

Nice collection, but why have thousands of records and a $4 plastic turntable to spin them?

I have a better turntable in my computer room, which is where I'm more likely to really listen to things. Even that is just an old Sony direct-drive though. Not bad, but not great. It has definitely crossed my mind that, given how much vinyl I own, I should probably get around to buying a nice Techniques or something someday.

The one in the picture is one of those direct USB turntables that I mostly use to rip things. Yes, I know I could do it more high quality, but it's a big time and convenience factor. I used to rip things through my stereo using Soundforge and a nice external audio card, but this is 85% of the quality for 20% of the work.

^ That's cool. I wasn't trying to be a dick about it. I just love the sound of vinyl playing on a good system.

Your collection looks awesome. Post a tradelist.

No worries - I wasn't offended.

It's a fairly legitimate question though, since I'm shocking lax/ignorant about stereo equipment, especially considering how many records I own and how anal I am about guitar and bass gear.

• jhulud locked this topic