Post Your Record Storage Area

Thought this was the best place to post but how do people store their vinyl? In the sleeve or out of it? I'm storing the record in the paper sleeve and the insert in the card sleeve and putting them both in the plastic sleeve at the moment. What do others do?

is there a benefit to doing this? I only do that for records that give me a hardtime when it comes time to put them back, so instead of fighting i leave it outside the sleeve.

Thought this was the best place to post but how do people store their vinyl? In the sleeve or out of it? I'm storing the record in the paper sleeve and the insert in the card sleeve and putting them both in the plastic sleeve at the moment. What do others do?

is there a benefit to doing this? I only do that for records that give me a hardtime when it comes time to put them back, so instead of fighting i leave it outside the sleeve.

i suppose it reduces ringwear, but if you store your records with enough room between each other, that shouldn't really be an issue

[image]

[image]

i tried to get an expedit last weekend but all they had left what white, no thanks. so i will stick with this box i made at my last job, which is actually pretty awesome, its got 3 dividers so the weight of the records aren't all pressing against one another, and my recycle tub i stole from my last house i rented.

I'm thinking of picking up a couple of these. Does anyone have one? I'm pretty sure it'd fit records pretty well, but, then again, I'm terrible at math:

[image]

http://www.target.com/4-Cube-Rolling-Storage-Espresso/dp/B000RN0GZO/sr=1-2/qid=1244146738/ref=sr_1_2/188-5437193-1184128?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=0&pricerange=&index=target&field-browse=1038576&rh=k%3Acube&page=4

• jhulud locked this topic