Post Your Record Storage Area

I see some of Jesse Michaels art work.

Indeed. I bought his first two prints. They are numbered 3 and 6 /100 I think.

I used to hang the second one where there is a little silver disc but since I got my speakers it was a bit hidden behind and it wasn't "feng shui" enough for me. :P

nice, i've also been meaning to pick up some of jesses art work, but haven't had the bones to throw at them. also who is the artist of the other artwork ?

late

sickteen

My records have been sitting sadly in their boxes for 2 months now since I've had to move 3 times (the records only made 2 of the moves). I don't currently have shelving for them, but at my last residence I was using my roommate's 5 square-by-5 square Expedit and my records just fit on it with one shelf to spare. I'm debating whether I should get one large Expedit again, or a couple/few smaller ones.

• 2 weeks later...
i don't think you have enough converge records, haha.

I'm inclined to agree... :)

do you keep them in plastic sleeves or no?

Only if they came in one, and sometimes not even then. If the sleeves are a tight fit, for example, I just can't muster the strength to fiddle with them. I once spent five interminable minutes at a record fair trying to get a Björk record back in its plastic sleeve while a bunch of people were eyeballing me. I was kinda waiting for the seller to go "that's okay, I'll take care of it," but he wouldn't let me off the hook. I've had a distaste for plastic sleeves ever since, haha. Of course, they're great for protecting the covers, but since I predominantly get my records through the mail I don't really have a lot of "archival condition" covers to begin with. I treat my records pretty carefully though so they will probably outlive me even without those sleeves.

Getting tired of storing my collection in boxes/waiting to move so I'm planning on shelling out a bit of cash on something nice.

I take it Expedit from IKEA is the way to go?

I have one, and I think it works pretty well.

I also saw someone post about a similar type of bookcase that is available at Home Depot...I also want to say there is something usable at Target as well.

• 3 weeks later...

we moved a few months back (bought a townhouse) and my setup changed quite drastically, much less room for all my toy now.

here is my living room / listening room. please note, the subwoofer is NOT part of my hifi system...it is part of the tv surround setup.

main setup / storage area:

[image]

these towers run on both my hifi setup and my tv surround setup:

[image]

records now overflowing to our expedits in the back of the room:

[image]

• 2 weeks later...
we moved a few months back (bought a townhouse) and my setup changed quite drastically, much less room for all my toy now.

here is my living room / listening room. please note, the subwoofer is NOT part of my hifi system...it is part of the tv surround setup.

records now overflowing to our expedits in the back of the room:

[image]

Seeing a copy of Devil in the White City... Nice.

• jhulud locked this topic