Post Your Record Storage Area

Damn MXV - that's a perfect setup! I don't have that much vinyl but when we purchase our next home I'm going to build recessed shelving or some sorts into the walls of our living room and mount guitar and bass amps into the walls to give a similar effect - like you're surrounded by amps.

OK here's mine. This is literally an entire room in my house (it was once a dining room).

[image]

What a nice room! The only thing it needs now is a record player!

The adjoining living room has my stereo and TV in it. All my CDs are in that room too but I don't really care that much about them and rarely play CDs in the house, I almost exclusively play vinyl (except in the car obviously which is what the iPod is for).

why aren't those shelves in front of the windows centered? I mean, if you're gonna be OCD, go all out! ;D

Because of how the shelves on the adjoining walls line up in regards to the corner of the room. On one side there's a bit more room than the other which buts up against the wall. If I center them it would make it harder to get the LPs out from the ends of the shelves on the right side of the photo.

Finally got my wife to agree to getting one of these and putting it along our bedroom wall.

[image]

i'm diggin those 7" storage baskets. where did you get them?

They're just some sort of generic storage tray that I've been buying over the last 12 or 13 years. I'm sure you can notice that some are different than others, and that's because I was originally buying them from a local store called Bi-Mart, but they stopped carrying them a few years ago, so I've been getting the newer ones from the storage section of Fred Meyer.

I came up with the basic idea for those years ago and a carpenter friend made them for me since he had all the proper tools. Just this past summer I needed another one so a different friend who has a woodshop in his garage and I built one to the same specs as the originals and it came out identical.

post a different picture, or hell give us the specs, I definitely want to make something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
I came up with the basic idea for those years ago and a carpenter friend made them for me since he had all the proper tools. Just this past summer I needed another one so a different friend who has a woodshop in his garage and I built one to the same specs as the originals and it came out identical.

post a different picture, or hell give us the specs, I definitely want to make something like that.

I would also like the specs.

• 1 month later...
[image]

[image]

More in boxes in various rooms of the house but more difficult to get to and less interesting to look at in closed boxes.

Beautiful set up, right there. If those are the LP racks that I'm thinking of, they are really expensive. I really dig that 7" storage area as well. Did you make those shelves yourself or did you find one set up like that?

[image]

[image]

More in boxes in various rooms of the house but more difficult to get to and less interesting to look at in closed boxes.

How often do you look through the 7" at the top? They seem really high to flip through. Overall that's a badass set up! Thumbs up for the Fear poster too!

Yeah that's an issue but honestly I've listened to all that shit a million times over the years and don't need to get at them a whole lot any more. You can kind of see the top of a drummer stool there in front of the CDs, I just use that to stand on when I want something from the top shelf and it isn't a problem.

Yeah that Fear poster is rad, most of the ones I've ever seen came folded so I stuck that one in a frame.

• jhulud locked this topic