Post Your Record Storage Area

[image]

[image]

More in boxes in various rooms of the house but more difficult to get to and less interesting to look at in closed boxes.

Beautiful set up, right there. If those are the LP racks that I'm thinking of, they are really expensive. I really dig that 7" storage area as well. Did you make those shelves yourself or did you find one set up like that?

The LP racks were expensive yeah, they're nice and all but not really worth whatever it was I probably paid for them. I'd never seen or heard of (and perhaps it didn't even exist yet) and Expedit at that time or I'd have certainly gone with a couple of those.

I made the 7" shelves myself, they're just some of those particle board things you can get at like home depot and I hacked together the lips and divider rails and shit, worked out pretty well.

I really like that 7" set up too. It looks like a regular book shelf with some little strips of wood across the front of each one...nice!

Right, it's kind of hard to tell from that picture I guess but what I did was use quarter strip pvc for the lip, so they don't slip off and I put like a .5"x.5" balsa (or something) wood divider rails between the rows to keep them neat. It all worked out surprisingly well and wasn't that difficult to do. I mean I need to put my hand at the front obviously, when flipping through things so they don't just fall off but it's otherwise fine; they don't slip or anything, easy to get to, space friendly etc.

I really like that 7" set up too. It looks like a regular book shelf with some little strips of wood across the front of each one...nice!

Right, it's kind of hard to tell from that picture I guess but what I did was use quarter strip pvc for the lip, so they don't slip off and I put like a .5"x.5" balsa (or something) wood divider rails between the rows to keep them neat. It all worked out surprisingly well and wasn't that difficult to do. I mean I need to put my hand at the front obviously, when flipping through things so they don't just fall off but it's otherwise fine; they don't slip or anything, easy to get to, space friendly etc.

Thanks for all the info, I'll definitely keep all this in mind when setting up my 7" situation.

Also, welcome to the board!

Thanks for all the info, I'll definitely keep all this in mind when setting up my 7" situation.

Also, welcome to the board!

Thanks banned.. I can try to take some better pictures of how I did the rails and stuff if you care, I think I made an extra shelf I didn't even end up using. I should have mentioned I just used "wood nails" industrial glue to glue the pvc and wood strips to the particle board shelf. I made those more than 5 years ago and they've been fine ever since.

Nice. I have an SL-1700 that I got at a yard sale. Turntable, Onkyo Tuner, tape deck and cabinet -- all in perfect condition -- for $100. It was one of the happier days of my record-collecting career.

pretty sweet deal. i actually got mine for free from a friend. he was moving with nothing but his car, so he gave me lots of his big stuff that he couldn't bring with him. the receiver came from the same guy. he worked for an apartment complex at the time and found it in an empty apt he was cleaning. i'd still have my crappy $50 ribbon player if it weren't for this guy.

My friend has a few records displayed on the wall. Thought it was a neat idea

I think the pretty in pink album was a compromise with his girlfriend, at least I hope.

[image]

yea, great way to compromise with the gf, having the original guns n roses appetite for destruction cover on the wall which is a robot raping and killing a runaway

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like this thread because you can see all the dorks that own 100 records, but it's really just ten records with 10 versions (or "variants").

lps (except blues, that are kept separately)

[image]

turntable/amp/hidden tape/box of 7"s I'm listening to/kitten on the left. on the right is 7"s, a box of comic books, and you can barely see one of my tape shelves that is too heavy to hang.

[image]

I like this thread because you can see all the dorks that own 100 records, but it's really just ten records with 10 versions (or "variants").

lps (except blues, that are kept separately)

[image]

turntable/amp/hidden tape/box of 7"s I'm listening to/kitten on the left. on the right is 7"s, a box of comic books, and you can barely see one of my tape shelves that is too heavy to hang.

[image]

YOU'RE A DORK. NERD.

• jhulud locked this topic