Post Your Record Storage Area

we moved a few months back (bought a townhouse) and my se

these towers run on both my hifi setup and my tv surround setup:

how do you run the two sources through the same speakers? i'd like to do that

Not my setup but any amp with multiple inputs (including a phono input of course) could do that. Go to any electronic store and you will find tons of them, some cheap, some pricey.

It looks like he's using a home-theater style "receiver" (why they don't call them home-theater amps I do not know) which tend not to come with specific phono inputs (which you need). So I would presume the amp you see next to the turntable is the phono pre-amp.

nope.

i do have a "modern" reciever (onkyo tx-sr705) which i use for my tv sound. for my hifi setup i am using a 1970's Pioneer SX-939, as the power amp...not a preamp. you can see my preamp sitting next to the pioneer.

i am using 1 set of speakers with two different amps. and the way i am doing it is not necessarily the "correct" way.

i am using a monster cable speaker selector in reverse. basically i have hooked up the onkyo to the "speaker 1" switch and the pioneer to the "speaker 2" switch, and the speakers to the "receiver" output.

i them select which ever receiver i need to use via the box.

i have read that this is not the right way, that they make much more expensive boxes to do this type of thing, but i have been doing this for about 4 months and notice no issues at all. as long as you NEVER allow both receivers to be selected and ON at the same time it should not cause any issues, imo.

• 2 weeks later...
Many are still wrapped with the candy inside. I wonder if they still taste alright. :D
I think the candy maintains its taste, don't quote me on that though hah

Don't eat the Pez. After ten years or so, it really starts to taste like shit.

haha, i love that you have tried 10 year old pez.

If hoarding records is a mental disorder than I am fucked. Seriously though, I think variant completists have issues.

Also, it drives me NUTS that I have all the Mozaic Miles Davis box sets EXCEPT the Bitches Brew one because I couldn't afford it and no one would get it for me for Christmas because of the title. It was $100 and now it goes for $400-$500 on ebay. I don't know, maybe I do have issues.

Also - speaking of hoarders, record collecting, etc - about those record collector of the day threads - I think it would be awesome if there was a thread not about someone who has 150 records - but someone who has ruined their life over buying records, searching for the impossible to find 7", traveling to new hope pa in hopes of finding some out of print record in a shop that isnt in the know, scouring through estate sales for test press or acetates, etc.

• jhulud locked this topic