Robo Store overhaul! FLOOR Self-Titled 12"+7" repress, WILD SALES!

Sometimes whiny, entitled customers need to be told to fuck off now and then. Robo will survive.

Exactly! That little crybaby that complained can fuck right off. Robo saying "If this refund causes you to be that upset with us then I guess we don't need you as a long time customer" is perfectly in line as the crybaby said "fuck these guys".  

Plus, Robo is not a corporate entity, he owns his own business so he has the power to do that. Kind of jealous I don't.

This is far from the worst thing I've ever seen. I mean, Pesanta bans people that file paypal claims from ever ordering again.

while the Pesanta thing is true, he is rapidly alienating people for some of his "business" practices.

[edit]

And you can piss off, nothingnatural, if you don't think my rant above was justified.  If you support such absurd behavior from Heaven, you're equally ridiculous.

Your holier than thou attitude around here really gets old. Heaven is Records is a good dude so I don't see why you're always swinging from his sack.

Your holier than thou attitude around here really gets old. Heaven is Records is a good dude so I don't see why you're always swinging from his sack.

That's your opinion of him - which you're entitled to, even if you're in the minority - much as I'm entitled to my own opinion about him.  But when your "good dude" threatens to travel my way for a casual beatdown, you've got to understand that's some clown behavior.  And me calling him out on it has nothing to do with a "holier than thou" attitude.  There are maybe four individuals on this board who assume that I have a superiority complex, or are otherwise perturbed by my presence at VC.  And for as much spare time that I've blown on the forums, I'm quite alright with that.  You can't win them all, right?  So if you're one of them, that's fine – I'm genuinely not losing sleep over it.  But calling out bullshit ≠ being holier than thou.

That's your opinion of him - which you're entitled to, even if you're in the minority - much as I'm entitled to my own opinion about him.  But when your "good dude" threatens to travel my way for a casual beatdown, you've got to understand that's some clown behavior.  And me calling him out on it has nothing to do with a "holier than thou" attitude.  There are maybe four individuals on this board who assume that I have a superiority complex, or are otherwise perturbed by my presence at VC.  And for as much spare time that I've blown on the forums, I'm quite alright with that.  You can't win them all, right?  So if you're one of them, that's fine.  I'm genuinely not loosing sleep over it.  But calling out bullshit ≠ being holier than thou.

Him asking you to meet up in person wasn't actually a threat but you can call it that if you'd like. You holier than thou attitude is not just towards him, it's been all over the place these days. You've become a nuisance but it is what it is. 

Him asking you to meet up in person wasn't actually a threat but you can call it that if you'd like. You holier than thou attitude is not just towards him, it's been all over the place these days. You've become a nuisance but it is what it is. 

Just how late is it over there in your neck of the woods?  Here; I'll make it easy for you:

Eat a dick Derek. I'd love love to meet you in person one day so I can personally shut your mouth. I come out to Cali fairly often to visit inlaws. Next time I'm out I'll hit you up, keyboard warrior.

How is that not a threat?  Is it an exaggerated joke? - that's plausible, were it not for the proceeding PMs and inquiries to meet up.

I'd like to hear how I've been holier-than-thou, though.  If you can provide me some legitimate examples, I can make an earnest effort to not come across that way on the boards.  Aside from busting Heaven's balls - which is justified 99% of the time - what else do you have a problem with?  I avoid discussions that I have no interest in, or no positive contribution to.  I don't shit on anyone's tastes.  I don't sabotage anyone's sale threads.  So where's the beef?  I don't think that I have superior tastes or am otherwise entitled to anything whatsoever.  Not sure where you're getting that, but like I said... I'm all ears if you want to PM me.

As far as becoming a nuisance, I could probably say the same for a dozen different members on this board, new and old.  If you're genuinely that butthurt, practice the ignore feature.  It's not like we even frequent the same threads.

Just how late is it over there in your neck of the woods?  Here; I'll make it easy for you:

How is that not a threat?  Is it an exaggerated joke? - that's plausible, were it not for the proceeding PMs and inquiries to meet up.

I'd like to hear how I've been holier-than-thou, though.  If you can provide me some legitimate examples, I can make an earnest effort to not come across that way on the boards.  Aside from busting Heaven's balls - which is justified 99% of the time - what else do you have a problem with?  I avoid discussions that I have no interest in, or no positive contribution to.  I don't shit on anyone's tastes.  I don't sabotage anyone's sale threads.  So where's the beef?  I don't think that I have superior tastes or am otherwise entitled to anything whatsoever.  Not sure where you're getting that, but like I said... I'm all ears if you want to PM me.

As far as becoming a nuisance, I could probably say the same for a dozen different members on this board, new and old.  If you're genuinely that butthurt, practice the ignore feature.  It's not like we even frequent the same threads.

I'm not able to comb through hundreds of your posts but you constantly come off as a prick and think you're better than others. The one who is "genuinely butthurt" is you as you're the one that took the time to edit your post to tell me to "piss off" simply because you're unhappy with a damn down vote. 

You should take him up on his offer as you seem to talk down to him all the time. Well do it in person rather than being a coward. Anyways, I'm done wasting my time with you as I don't feel like responding to 50 more Derek diatribes. 

I'm not able to comb through hundreds of your posts but you constantly come off as a prick and think you're better than others.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought.  "You're a prick and think you're better than everyone else, and you make hundreds of posts to portray this... but I'm not going to bother digging up one or two."  Thanks for the insightful contribution.

And yes, for sure – anyone who ever offends anyone else online should meet up in personal for some fisticuffs and-or an ol' fashion duel.  Because this isn't the internet, which should be taken with a grain of salt 100% of the time.

Regardless, I'm glad that you're done wasting both of our time.  Maybe the thread can get back onto its tracks.

[edit]

By no means am I implying that I'm a perfect VC member.  Because I most certainly am not.  But if you're going to talk shit, at least be prepared to provide some examples.  I'm legitimately asking for an opportunity to right some of my wrongs, but your failure to provide any instances - even through paraphrasing - suggests that you're just blowing hot air.  If I were to call someone a self-righteous prick, I'd have a half-dozen examples on the tip of my tongue... and they'd always come to mind when I was reading said prick's posts, or replying to their comments.  If I couldn't explain why I disliked someone's attitude, then why would I to begin with?  That's just something I don't get, I guess.  I'm not one to harbor animosity for no apparent reason, but that's a personal preference if anything.

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought.  "You're a prick and think you're better than everyone else, and you make hundreds of posts to portray this... but I'm not going to bother digging up one or two."  Thanks for the insightful contribution.

Since you spend as much time on here as you do, I thought you already knew this but I can't comb through your posts. If I try to see your last posts, it only shows the last five. 

Because this isn't the internet, which should be taken with a grain of salt 100% of the time.

Actually, internet seems to be serious business to you with how far you take things.

Hey Robo, you probably don't know but I have a question:

I paid through Paypal, you refunded me through Paypal. But it's yet to reflect on either my paypal or my checking account which is set up through Paypal.

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, know where it's supposed to go back through?

Hey Robo, you probably don't know but I have a question:

I paid through Paypal, you refunded me through Paypal. But it's yet to reflect on either my paypal or my checking account which is set up through Paypal.

Do you, or anyone else for that matter, know where it's supposed to go back through?

Mine went right to my paypal account, a whole whopping 99 cents haha. Already spent!

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE Robotic Empire! By far my favorite online store to order from! The prices are always amazing and they have always included lots of great extras in my orders. Thank you for all the amazing releases you have done and all the amazing bands you continue to work with and help make their music a beautiful tangeble thing! Thank You!!

On a side note, I have run an online store for 10 years. Just as anything else to do with computers and the internet, sometimes malfunctions and glitches happen. Just about every kind of fuck up that can happen with an online store has happened to me in those 10 years. When they do happen, they are not the fault of the company and thus the company does not "owe" the customer anything extra. Sometimes companies do give a discount because they can afford to, but in no way does that mean that you as the customer are entitled to one. When you are a small business (yes Robotic Empire is a small business) EVERY dollar counts and sometimes you can not afford to be giving away discounts and $0.99 cds when something out of your control happens. They fact that the money was refunded WITH an explination, no matter how nice or mean it may have been, puts Robo above many of the other companies doing business online.

Without these small businesses like Robotic Empire, there are no Torche records, there are no Floor CD's, there are no small bands spinning on your turntable. They make the music we love happen and you should praise them and thank them for that, not get mad when they are un able to sell you something for less than the cost of a chocolate bar.