Robo Store overhaul! FLOOR Self-Titled 12"+7" repress, WILD SALES!

Did anyone on this board actually ever order from a true mailorder when you mailed a money order and a record showed up 3 months later that you totally forgot about.

This world has become about instant gratification.

I get people on discogs asking me 24 hours later if I shipped their package.

Did anyone on this board actually ever order from a true mailorder when you mailed a money order and a record showed up 3 months later that you totally forgot about.

This world has become about instant gratification.

I get people on discogs asking me 24 hours later if I shipped their package.

I definitely remember the days of ordering from a catalogue that fell out of the record and sending them a cheque that my mom wrote (since I didn't have a checking account).  Fairly certain tracking didn't exist then either.

I think the best part about selling on here is that most board members are fairly patient.  I don't feel the need to rush to the post office like I do with things sold on eBay or discogs.

I definitely remember the days of ordering from a catalogue that fell out of the record and sending them a cheque that my mom wrote (since I didn't have a checking account). Fairly certain tracking didn't exist then either.

I think the best part about selling on here is that most board members are fairly patient. I don't feel the need to rush to the post office like I do with things sold on eBay or discogs.

Isint that the truth. I love when people have the auction end, take a week to pay me. Then the day after they pay say give me tracking information for record. You took your sweet old time to pay me so you can wait...

Isint that the truth. I love when people have the auction end, take a week to pay me. Then the day after they pay say give me tracking information for record. You took your sweet old time to pay me so you can wait...

I agree. It bothers me if I don't pay right away. It also bothers me if I don't send something out right away. I love when they get mad at me because USPS? Look dude, once USPS has it, it is out of my hand. 

Total mailorder kid here from back in the day, hard-earned "well hidden cash" mailed to Very, Vacuum, Victory, Bottlenekk, Ebullition, etc on a monthly basis in the 90s.... so coming from that world, we kinda don't sweat the impatient folks.

I mean, it's pretty clear we aren't Amazon.com - it's a very small operation with just 1 person packing and shipping every order. We're pretty clear about that, so if folks can't hold onto their horses then so be it.

That being said, totally also understand the anticipation and excitement to receive a package too, so we do our best to make up for "our pace" with securely packing and shipping everything in a manner that we'd be happy to receive it ourselves... and often throw in some kinda extras or stickers or something if things get delayed a bit.

So for anyone waiting: thank you for your patience.

To everyone who already understands: thank you even more :)

Got my order today. Thanks for throwing in the extra CD too. 

I feel like there is a correlation with a members age to how long they can wait. The older you are the less complaining about waiting 2 weeks for your order to ship. I didn't remember when I ordered, I never emailed to check on my order, and I just assumed it would be coming. I remember sending money orders to pay for things on Ebay before I had a checking account. Also sending well hidden cash for mail orders was the way to go.  

Robo was the first label I ever ordered from via mailorder like 12+ years ago. I still buy shit from them to this day. They're still one of the best. 

Though I will admit I miss the days when they had the one dude in charge of filling orders that would draw tons of cool stuff on the receipts.

got my order today and that shit was packed well.  pretty sure a tank could have driven over that thing.  thanks robo.

also i'm pretty upset you didn't include that hell comes home box set. 

how many do you have by the way?  with tax season upon us i might have to pick that bad boy up.