New RX Bandits album

That looks so good. Apparently the pledges have already shipped so expect vinyl and CDs soon I guess. 

I got an advance of the album a couple weeks ago and so far it's definitely not their best but at least half of it is REALLY GOOD. The intro feels unnecessary and I don't care for the final song (which seems kind of lazy) but the studio version of "Ruby Cumulous" is so damn awesome.

Is the album more mandala or more everything they did before that shit storm? I can sing their first four albums cover to cover acapella if need be, listened to Mandala and I was done. Way too hippie,psychedelic for me. I could tell that's kinda where they were going on ATBB but Mandala completely and utterly lost me as a fan. I really wanna check this out but I'm not hopeful for it. I'd rather hear it from everyone on VC than some chud writing for a blog.

Is the album more mandala or more everything they did before that shit storm? I can sing their first four albums cover to cover acapella if need be, listened to Mandala and I was done. Way too hippie,psychedelic for me. I could tell that's kinda where they were going on ATBB but Mandala completely and utterly lost me as a fan. I really wanna check this out but I'm not hopeful for it. I'd rather hear it from everyone on VC than some chud writing for a blog.

ATBB ranks as number 1 for me with Mandala coming in at 2nd so as we clearly don't agree, I don't know if my opinion will help you as I think Mandala is a killer album, but I'd say this album is way less psych and way more prog-pop. On the surface, it has simple, radio-friendly structures but there are some total jams on here. I feel the intro is completely unnecessary and the final track is lazy and weak but mostly everything in between is great. Definitely not their best, but different.

Dude RXB killed it tonight! They had the orange variant available at the show for $25 if anyone was wondering...

Side note, Matt Fazzi from AGBPOL is now touring with TDH and was amazing tonight! Ended up buying Act 1...  If you can get the chance to catch this tour I would not miss it!

Mandala was their best though, then doing prog is infinitely better than them doing ska.

Mandala is the primary reason I like the band, what got me started loving the band instead of liking them.  

I also like Progress a lot.  Don't really listen to the others (not for lack of listening).

I'm holding my breath for a new pressing of ...Battle (which is easily my favorite).

I'm late to the party to say the least.  

Got mine in from Amazon today, it's the orange one. Don't know if that was already known or not. Can't speak to how it sounds because my turntable is out of commission. tear

So, yeah, it appears that there was nothing special about the versions for pledgers which is pretty disappointing.

I think if you more or less reach 200% of your goal, the backers should certainly receive an exclusive like pretty much every other campaign provides. I'm happy to have backed this but to know I paid $40 for it to be signed (which I'll likely end up getting at their show anyway when I meet up with them), when I could have got the same thing without signatures for literally half the price, with free 2-day shipping, and sooner (still haven't received mine from the band), is pretty irritating. 

Oh well.

the same thing without signatures for literally half the price, with free 2-day shipping, and sooner (still haven't received mine from the band), is pretty irritating. 

Never thought about it like that. It is kinda harsh. I pledged for the same thing you did. Ah, well... too late now.

Nice avatar by the way. ;)