Show / Concert Etiquette

Hmmm, I'm 18, and in the 3 years or so I've been going to shows I've noticed alot about etiquette.

- It seems like common sense, truly unspoken, but always pick up the guys who fall, and someone who's tying their shoe, you make sure they don't get knocked over. I've noticed a decline in this. Like it's really bad. I was on the floor of a Joyce Manor show for a whole song before anyone helped me up. 

- Don't grab a musicians instrument. I saw some lame cholapoppunx girl at that same Joyce show grab the bass neck and mute it in the middle of a song because she was about to stage dive. 

- Go ahead take a phone pic, just one. Don't stand there pretending people want to watch your shitty video that you'll post on YouTube later of their full set. It just looks dumb.

- If I see some prick hardcore dancing like an ignorant fuck with complete disregard for his fellow showgoers, I give him a swift Spartan kick in the small of his back and let that fucker hit the floor. Keep the karate in the dojo. 

- Also, never listen to the band or wear their merch to a show. I'll wear a shirt I just bought underneath or have them hold a record for me if I can't carry it. 

- Have fun, I mean I understand if you don't like moshing or dancing or whatever, but there's no need to be rude to someone who accidentally bumps into you. 

- If you're going to stage dive, don't be 400 pounds and jumping on to a 4 foot tall girl. And DONT DIVE WHERE SOMEONE JUST DIVED, this is how I ended up on the floor at said Joyce show. 

LASTLY, YOU MUST ALWAYS YELL "FREE BIRD" 

I have only one rule for me and everyone in front of me,

GET YOUR FUCKIN' PHONE OUT OF MY FACE.

If you want to take a pic, cool, make it quick.

If you want to video the show, keep it low or stay home and just watch the youtube video that some other pain in the ass already posted.

I've seen people watch entire shows on their goddamn phone instead of actually looking up at the band. Then again, maybe I was watching someone watching the show on their phone, so I guess I am stupiderest.

Pushing just for "fun" sucks. Especially when a bunch of people decide to do it all at the same time. I've been to shows where people have done this when there weren't even any people onstage and it's so pointless.

Also agree on the no smoking thing, especially at an indoor venue. If I'm already having trouble breathing from the amount of people squeezed around me and the temperature from all the body heat, the last thing I want to breathe in is your smoke, thanks.

999075_721782671183488_1459440913_n.jpg

This picture is a few months old but I am wearing the same shirt right now and I am going to see both bands that are on said shirt tonight. ULTIMATE FUCK YOUR RULES.

Also the cat's name is Harker and he is a total spazz most of the time, but has his total sweet moments such as the one depicted here.

Make that 5. You're 18, right? Getting a little old to be a "pit kid."

Haha are you serious? Too old to be a pit kid? A lot of the shows I go to are in some dudes basement and you won't see anyone under the age of 18. Don't be so full of yourself as to cast judgement on what age is appropriate to go in the pit. What if some 18 year old is going to his first show, you're going to condemn for joining with his fellows and singing along with his favorite band because he's too old? You just earned the award for least punk kid on VC. I assume you're against dancing in the pit too? Because once you hit that ripe old age of 18 you're no longer allowed in the pit. Good job

I am that tall dickwad that people talk about, so because of a mixture of that and being 31 years old I pretty much always hang out at the back or the side and just watch the show. I have no desire to jump around anymore. Clothes wise, whatever I'm wearing, I don't really wear band shirts anymore so that's no longer an issue for me.