The Dear Hunter "Acts I, II, & III" Represses

Arg just noticed this myself. Did you have any luck with the wood glue? I've never tried that cleaning method before, but I have a number of old worthless records I can practice on before hitting up Act III. I'd rather not have to dick around waiting for a replacement to be sent internationally.

Those that did ask for replacements, did you have to send your current copy back?

Wood glue did not work. It seems to be pretty much embedded into it. I dont think there is any safe way to remove it. Merchdirect said that multiple people have this problem with act 3. They put my name on a waiting list and we have to wait until more get pressed. They never said anything about sending back the damaged ones. Not sure why they would even want them back.

Wood glue did not work. It seems to be pretty much embedded into it. I dont think there is any safe way to remove it. Merchdirect said that multiple people have this problem with act 3. They put my name on a waiting list and we have to wait until more get pressed. They never said anything about sending back the damaged ones. Not sure why they would even want them back.

Ah right. Okay I'll get straight onto them. 

The lady from customer service who responded said that they'd send along a postage paid mailer thing so I can send my Act 3 back. Should be simple

I don't imagine their postage paid mailers will be valid internationally, though I may be mistaken, I'll see what they say.

Cheers for the replies.

I wonder what the hell happened. A0199D43-219F-4AA8-B126-8B6AE337E4BE_zps81AC6A1B-21C5-48B2-ADEA-45727C9D8C7A_zps

Yep, that's the stuff jizzed all over mine also. Sent them an email with my pic attached. Hopefully hear back at the start of the week. It'll cost them a pretty penny to replace these internationally, but I've paid for a product so hopefully they'll get it remedied.

By the way, I hate how much paper dust the sleeves leave behind. Picture sleeves are cool but shitty for that reason.

I was gonna say the same thing. Looks like my bundle has dandruff. Between that, the glue, and how easily everything is left with fingerprints, I'm bummed but these are bitchy nitpicks I suppose. I emailed them about the glue as well. I'm sure they're swamped with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick bump...anyone hear back? Last I heard they were contacting the company for a repress possibility. I would love a working copy of the album I paid for....

Nothing since receiving the 'contacting company email'. I imagine it'll take a while for them to negotiate the repress, assuming the plant accepts responsibility it might go quicker, else the process will take longer, maybe 1-2 months as my uneducated guess. Perhaps someone on the boards who runs/negotiates with a pressing plant can give us their two cents on how long pressing errors take to rectify?