The Dear Hunter "Acts I, II, & III" Represses

once i got over the fact that Migrant wasn't supposed to be as epic as everything prior, i really got into it. still at the bottom of my ranking though. as far as the acts go, i think it will have to be II, I, III for me. i couldn't even try to fit TCS into that. i'd probably have to break it up into colors, but most would come after the acts anyways.

red hands was probably my first favorite song because act I just wasn't very strong. but i think black sandy beaches may actually be my favorite from act II.

i kind of forgot migrant and color spectrum were dear hunter releases. i guess if i had to re-rank, it would be: act III, act II, color spectrum, act I, migrant... although, if someone let me take only the green, yellow and blue discs of color spectrum and make a 12-song album out of them, color spectrum would be close behind act III.

migrant is a pretty big flop in my opinion. one of the only songs i really like is from migrations annex. and since i didn't preorder, it doesn't do me a whole lot of good.

So, I think I know the answer to this but I feel like I should ask to double check. So I placed my order for these, got the pay-pal receipt saying Merchdirect would take the money out when they processed the order. Okay, cool, no problem. I checked today to see if I had gotten tracking like the rest of you and I couldn't find anything. Inbox, spam, nothing. Okay, cool, no problem. Happens all the time. Then I realize I don't have a confirmation from Merchdirect for processing my order. So i'm wondering if that's typical of them or if my order went through to them at all. I know I had enough money in my account then, and I still do. Just wondering if this is typical of them and if the same happened with any of you before I decide to email them about it. 

Got onto my school email to sort through some things, found a confirmation email from merchdirect. Apparently I used that email for some reason. Oh well. Glad I have my bundle coming. On topic though, I enjoy all the Acts for what they are. Hard to choose a favorite. I like everything Casey has done. Migrant was tough to get into at first cause I was expecting a big grandiose album. But like someone had mentioned, once I read some interviews and saw that it was meant to be a bit more drawn back than his previous stuff, I was able to really appreciate and enjoy it for what it is.

It's been sold out on vinyl for a while I think. And apparently the yellow vinyl is rare? I got my copy from a local big name shop for $13 and I see them on eBay for like $80 now....

The yellow isn't rare, it's the only color they pressed. It was supposed to be cream, but the plant messed up.

Got my 180g bundle today!  Unfortunately my packaged was dropped on the one corner at one point apparently because all three have a dinged corner.  Oh well, the records are fine and that's all that matters.

Just got finished listening to Act I and it sounds AMAZING.  Also, umm, mine has a locked groove at the end of side B.  Weird.  I wonder if they all end up having that.

Gotta hand it to MerchDirect..one record from act 3 arrived with two big ass scratches (mirrored on each side, so obviously something that happened before it got to me). So I contacted them and they said they'd send a replacement and a postage paid sticker so I can send the damaged one back. Quality service, it seems!

Holy ditto, same happened to mine. It has a scratch about an inch long. No way I'm playing that. I'll have to contact them. As for the others, I'm content.

Just noticed the lyrics to "Evicted" aren't on 2's gatefold :(

There's also a bunch of typos throughout the lyrics that are there.

that's a shame. you would think they would pay closer attention to things like that, or maybe give it, like, ONE look-over before they send it to print. it's just like... geez. maybe give a shit next time.