THE GREAT DEBATE VOL. 2: Sandwich Edition

Del Taco. Never heard of the rotten tomatoes so I can't speak there, but here's a nice experience to test out next time you're hungry and need to drive somewhere and can't stop to eat. Buy a crunchy taco from Del Taco, then next time buy a crunchy taco from Taco Bell. See which one you end up wearing.

I went to Jack in the Box while I was in California. I was not a fan of their Tacos. They are comparable to microwaves tacos.

Like 3arl said, real Mexican food beats any of these by and large.

I agree about the real Mexican food. We have a place here in town that has $1 tacos and $2.50 margaritas every day during happy hour.

I went to Del Taco today because of this thread. Goddamnit VC. Also Jack in the Box tacos are complete shut, there's a reason they're 2 for $1.

But I agree real Mexican food any day, and we have some damn good real Mexican food.

Yeah but do you guys mean real Mexican food or REAL Mexican food? Cause I can assure you, a fish taco in American and a fish taco in Mexico and two very different things.

If you haven't had elotes, the most beginner REAL Mexican food, then you're still technically eating Americanized Mexican food on the reg budz.

Yeah but do you guys mean real Mexican food or REAL Mexican food? Cause I can assure you, a fish taco in American and a fish taco in Mexico and two very different things.

If you haven't had elotes, the most beginner REAL Mexican food, then you're still technically eating Americanized Mexican food on the reg budz.

I think we're on the same page.

Elotes are BALLER. Burriots are not "real Mexican food" (as much as I love them).

Taco Bell has taught me that the only ingredients available to cook with in Mexico are beef, chicken, lettuce, tomato, bean, cheese, tortilla, and cinnamon. Maybe a couple others I'm forgetting.

You get the point -- 30 menu items based on 10 ingredients, just in different proportions.

Taco Bell has taught me that the only ingredients available to cook with in Mexico are beef, chicken, lettuce, tomato, bean, cheese, tortilla, and cinnamon. Maybe a couple others I'm forgetting.

You get the point -- 30 menu items based on 10 ingredients, just in different proportions.

Most street food in Mexico consists of all that, with the first 4 ingredients being lard instead haha.

Taco Bell is in the lead, with Taco Johns in second place. Unfortunately no one realizes the godliness of Del Taco yet. If you go to Del, their fries are awesome, their hashbrowns are awesome, their shrimp burrito is awesome, their veggie burrito is awesome, their bean and cheese burritos are hella cheap and that makes them awesome. Plus ALOT of my veggie/vegan friends go to del taco. 

Also on a week long high school field trip to Mexico for a Marine Science class we camped on a beach for 9 days. It was 40 miles off roading just to get there, and we fished for our own food and hiked and swam and kayaked in mangrove estuaries and stuff. Overall it was a highlight of my life, but we had authentic Mexican tacos and I'd have to say it is infinitely better than anything you could ever eat in Amurica. 

one of my good friends got married to a mexican woman in california at the wedding. they has authentic mexican catering, and it was mind-blowing. that was when i found out about the glory of chorizo. 

DETAILS

I guess I was just super nervous, being a first official date and all (Taco Bell wasn't exactly planned, by the way. We were just out and about and got hungry). I ended up inhaling half of a chili cheese burrito and for the first time in my life (and still only time) I started choking to the point beyond control. He had to get up and perform the heimlich maneuver on me forcing my chunk of burrito to fly back onto my tray.

We ended up dating for a few months. Props to him for sticking around after that.

I guess I was just super nervous, being a first official date and all (Taco Bell wasn't exactly planned, by the way. We were just out and about and got hungry). I ended up inhaling half of a chili cheese burrito and for the first time in my life (and still only time) I started choking to the point beyond control. He had to get up and perform the heimlich maneuver on me forcing my chunk of burrito to fly back onto my tray.

We ended up dating for a few months. Props to him for sticking around after that.

That's awesome. I would find that hilarious,

Chipotle: Mexican Grill

Because I like fresh quality food.

Chipotle is probably the farthest thing from authentic (ignoring our fast foodies), I dislike it, I also find it hilarious how you see Mexican cooks in every restaurant, any type of food, but at Chipotle you have white people making it.