Arizona passes anti gay law. (Another Reason I hate living here)

So house and stare legislature passed another fucked up bill here. This time allowing business owners the right to deny service to anyone who is gay, based on their religious beliefs. First they can prosecute Hispanics. Now this. A friend of mine owns a pizza parlor called Rocco's and they made their own refusal sign. And Huffington Post placed an article about it. It's gotten a lot of positive feedback. Here is a link to the post. I'm doing this via my phone so I wish I could post the picture now. But hopefully someone can do that for me.

So house and stare legislature passed another fucked up bill here. This time allowing business owners the right to deny service to anyone who is gay, based on their religious beliefs. First they can prosecute Hispanics. Now this. A friend of mine owns a pizza parlor called Rocco's and they made their own refusal sign. And Huffington Post placed an article about it. It's gotten a lot of positive feedback. Here is a link to the post. I'm doing this via my phone so I wish I could post the picture now. But hopefully someone can do that for me.

The law sounds like complete BS.  Are you talking about Rocco's Little Chicago in Tucson?  

It's really sad. I visited Arizona back in March and I thought it looked like a pretty nice place. It really sucks there's some fucked up politics there. Some people continually say "who cares" when major public figures come out as LGBT, but people don't realize that it is because of legislation like this why people still have to come out. Until people are not discriminated for being LGBT, no one else will have to come out for acceptance.

its only a matter of time until sexual preference/gender orientation is a protected right making all laws like this moot. its fucked this happened, and it'll only speed up the EEOC/SCOTUS rulings on making this a protected class like it should be.

They already should be protected depending on the environment with 504 laws. Arizona is trying to push the "states rights" bullshit argument again. It's funny people only get all huffed up about "states rights" when they're being discriminatory assholes.

I used to love that place when I lived in Tucson.  The food was great and they had fantastic lunch specials.

Places like that need to be supported. If this gets signed into law, a boycott of Arizona isn't the answer and will hurt many businesses like Rocco's - or others that are even more dependent on tourist dollars.

I'd love to walk into some place there with my wife, but wearing a rainbow t-shirt. What would the talibangelist business owner do?!

I might be moving there actually. I'll find out in March. Options are sd, la, Portland or Austin.

i've lived in 3/4 places. LA SUCKS if you're talking about los angeles.  Portland and Austin are cool and have lots going on and are generally laid back. But Austin is closed, so move to portland. :)