Soundgarden - Superunknown DLP coming soon

Was out shopping with the wife today and I spot this in HMV,  and the wife gives me permission to grab one.   £24.99.

Now is it just me or does anyone else think that it sounds,  well,  offensive to the ears ?

Seriously,  I feel like a complete idiot for selling my original press.

Damn.

Was out shopping with the wife today and I spot this in HMV, and the wife gives me permission to grab one. £24.99.

Now is it just me or does anyone else think that it sounds, well, offensive to the ears ?

Seriously, I feel like a complete idiot for selling my original press.

Damn.

If you did it right that original press you sold should have paid for three reissues.

If you did it right that original press you sold should have paid for three reissues.

There's some useless information right there.  Cheers.

*edit*

Sorry about that.   Having a bad day.

My Original press was in pretty beat up condition.  Still got £40 for it though.   No complaints there.  The complaint is that this new press sounds hideous to me.   :-(

There's some useless information right there. Cheers.

*edit*

Sorry about that. Having a bad day.

My Original press was in pretty beat up condition. Still got £40 for it though. No complaints there. The complaint is that this new press sounds hideous to me. :-(

No worries it happens. It's a bummer these don't sound better.

OK,  so I might have to eat a bit of crow on this one...  (not a whole crow though,  just a bit).

My amp is a Teac A-R600,   which has this 'Loudness' feature button on it.   It gives the lower frequencies a boost, and generally makes everything sound quite meaty...  which I like,  and I always have it on.    

Anyway,  this morning I gave this LP a spin without this Loudness feature on,  and it is a vast improvement.  (Nothing mind-blowing though).

So I was probably a bit quick to slag this release off.....  BUT,  I will say,   I have about 600 LP's,  and this is the only one where I need to turn the loudness feature off on the amp.

(For reference,  I am using a Goldring 1042 stylus on a Rega P2,  and Kef Cresta 30 floorstanding speakers)

• 1 month later...