Soundgarden - Superunknown DLP coming soon

Mine came this morning. Sounds good, so thats great. Definitely way over priced. Sleeve was a standard gatefold (For the price, at least use a tip on heavy stock jacket). Also, the records aren't 200g. My fist LP is clearly 180g. The second one is definitely heavier. Upon weighing it, it came to 191g. (with the sleeve on) Its a stupid thing, sure, but if you are gonna advertise it as 200g to help justify your price, make sure they average 200g. 

This was the kind of bullcrap I was afraid of. And 200g records are weird. The few I have don't seem to be any thicker or more substantial than any of the180g i own, $60 list price for a cheap reissue of an album that has already sold millions. I'm happy to hear you think it sounds good. At least there is that.

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/61296.htm

This is the cheapest by far I have seen it in the UK. This site charges a flat rate of £8 postage whether you buy one record or a hundred. Even if you buy it on it's own, it's still less than the next cheapest option.

oh i have an original badmotorfinger pressing on gold vinyl. it just needs a quality 2xLP reissue.

This was the kind of bullcrap I was afraid of. And 200g records are weird. The few I have don't seem to be any thicker or more substantial than any of the180g i own, $60 list price for a cheap reissue of an album that has already sold millions. I'm happy to hear you think it sounds good. At least there is that.

it should be 200g w/ just the vinyl.

i have a 220g dwarves lp+7" that are ridiculously thick. 

I paid 53.97 at Bull Moose in tax-free NH. Does anyone have any info on this pressing? I haven't even opened it yet because I'm struggling justifying paying this amount for a single album. Even though it's one of my favorites of all time. I just can't figure out this pricing.

Yours is a perfect example of why they priced it the way they did.But If it's your favorite album, and you didn't go into into debt for it, just play it and enjoy it.

I bought the boxset on RSD this year so I have a hard time coughing up $55 for the whole album on vinyl - I did however decide to splurge on the 5 disc set - mostly for the blu-ray audio and dts headphone version that are included.  Had already opened it by the time I read reviews claiming it is another victim of the loudness wars - I'm going to check out the blu-ray audio 5.1 mix and hope for the best.  The $90 for the 5 disc set is still steep as hell (especially since they killed the dynamics) but it's a beautiful book with an awesome cover.... I will get the vinyl if it is vastly superior but for now the RSD box will tied me over.

Best-case scenario:

1) Customers collectively rebel against this obvious price gouging by band and label.

2) Online retailers, sitting on tons of unsold Superunknown records as Christmas approaches, slash their prices to what should've been the price all along ($30). And don't reorder anything.

3) Universal and Soundgarden take a bath with their price scheme and actually learn from their mistakes.

4) Badmotorfinger comes out next year in a fantastic 2-LP audiophile reissue, retailing for $27.99.

Likely scenario: 

1) This drops to $45 at a couple places for a couple days.

2) Soundgarden sells their "200-gram remastered vinyl reissue" of Badmotorfinger for $75 in 2015.

Doesn't this $55 travesty edition come with a download of the full album plus a bunch of b-sides as well? Maybe the less expensive version will be just the album on vinyl and a download of the the principle album tracks with no b-sides. Or maybe no download whatsoever. Either way, I'd scoop a $25 version of this any day of the week.

Doesn't this $55 travesty edition come with a download of the full album plus a bunch of b-sides as well? Maybe the less expensive version will be just the album on vinyl and a download of the the principle album tracks with no b-sides. Or maybe no download whatsoever. Either way, I'd scoop a $25 version of this any day of the week.

Oh shit, I didn't even realize it came with the b-sides, yeah, I'd be super down for a standard version.