Insane Clown Posse

Wacka Flocka

Wiz Khalifa

LMFAO

Joey Badass

Rick Ross

Lil Wayne

Lil B

Lil Kim (anyone with Lil in their name, it works for the first person the rest are just unoriginal)

Rich Homie Quan

Need I go on?

Chamillionaire.

and that long band name that doesnt use spaces. cant remember it - something about a haiku

As stated - Jimmy Eat World. 

I always hated the name Toad the Wet Sprocket

The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die - ok, you're emo, write a damn book about it or something. 

The Front Bottoms - they are the band I ignored for way too long due to the name then kicked myself at how good they are. I don't do that for Jimmy Eat World though, they are the most overrated band for nearly 20 years running. 

I guess (to me at least) it's that even laughable rap names usually fit the persona the rapper is trying to create. But when a band that is "serious" has a stupid name, it just comes off as ridiculous.

The World is a Beautiful Place and I am No Longer Afraid to Die - ok, you're emo, write a damn book about it or something. 

I think this is a pretty good example. I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't understand the trend of bands picking their names from an angsty teenager's diary. All of them except for this one (abnormally long) seem to follow the same format - Sleeping with Sirens, a Day to Remember, Bring me the Horizon, etc. They all write shit music, too.

It's German for "the crosses."

EDIT: OR MAYBE IT ISN'T THE CORRECT WAY TO SAY THAT AND YOU WOULD KNOW BECAUSE YOU'RE FROM GERMANY. DERP.

Haha no problem ;)!

Actally it's almost right but that's probably what pisses me off so much! The correct plural of cross (in German "Kreuz") would be "kreuze".

No, it's a dumb name. They can justify it as a joke but it's lame. The teenage diary analogy is perfect.  I think their last album was solid though.

It's definitely dumb, but the right kind of dumb. There's a self awareness to it that helps. I mean, I don't expect everyone to know the back story to it, but it's hard to take completely serious. The name came from the band goofing around and making up names for fictitious post-rock songs. Of course, I think the name Diarrhea Planet rules because you obviously aren't supposed to take it seriously.

Mostly I just disagree with the "angsty teenager's diary" analogy because, while it fits for a lot of band names mentioned, I feel like an angsty teenager would have gone more along the lines "The world is a terrible place and I want to die"