Writing off bands with stupid names

Thin Lizzy is an awesome name. In their native Dubliner accents, it's pronounced "tin lizzy."

Tin Lizzie is the slang term for the Ford Model T, a very distinctly American invention. The band themselves lent their Irish sensibilities - and a rough hewn sense of poetry and working class ethos - to a distinctly American style of music, igniting the NWOBHM style that soon became prevalent.

Also, if Black Rose had been the last album they ever released, Roisin Dubh would have been the perfect song to go out on and cap their career with. But instead dude had to get fucked up on heroin and listen to shitty trend hopping producers.

Well over a year after I first posted in this thread, my point stands.

• 2 months later...

Even if there is potential for some decent music underneath the awful band name, which is the exception more than the rule, I still won't check it out. There are plenty of good bands with non-stupid names for me to spend time on.

Underground Railroad To Candyland is definitely an exception here, but since it is a Todd C. band I was already sure it was going to be good.